NLDS Post-Game 1 Thread

Just now, SilverBullet said:

I'll give Acuna one ounce of credit though... he composed himself quickly and I think he realized there was no need to escalate it any further. I'm sure the HBP stung and his initial reaction may be understandable.

Ron Washington got in the middle of it and cooled him off, that's the only reason. That hot head couldn't even drop his bat while he was crying. What were his intentions there? Who knows, but nothing good about it.

If he didn't see needs to escalate it further, he wouldn't have went in spikes high later in the game seeking revenge. And he wouldn't have went on social media to boast about it as well.

I won't give that asshole any credit.

• Like 2

When you get hit by a pitch, start taking your 47 arm and leg protectors off, put your bat down and walk to 1B. 

Don’t stand there with the fokken bat in your band staring into the Marlins dugout, bitch. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, DTrain said:

When you get hit by a pitch, start taking your 47 arm and leg protectors off, put your bat down and walk to 1B. 

Don’t stand there with the fokken bat in your band staring into the Marlins dugout, bitch. 

Especially after you pimped a first inning homer, this part is key. The HBP, if on purpose, wasn't without reason.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Especially after you pimped a first inning homer, this part is key. The HBP, if on purpose, wasn't without reason.

I am pretty sure it was not intentional. But if it was, Sandy is a moron. You do not hit a guy on purpose to start a rally and fire the opponent up in a playoff game. We had all the momentum at the time and a small lead.  It would make no sense and I personally believe Sandy is smarter than that.

If the pimping bothered him (which we don't know), you get revenge by striking the guy out.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

I am pretty sure it was not intentional. But if it was, Sandy is a moron. You do not hit a guy on purpose to start a rally and fire the opponent up in a playoff game. We had all the momentum at the time and a small lead.  It would make no sense and I personally believe Sandy is smarter than that.

If the pimping bothered him (which we don't know), you get revenge by striking the guy out.

You're right, no reason to do it on purpose there but I'm just saying Acuna needs to be willing to accept some bruises on his backside if he's gonna continue to pimp every homer he hits.

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

You're right, no reason to do it on purpose there but I'm just saying Acuna needs to be willing to accept some bruises on his backside if he's gonna continue to pimp every homer he hits.

And also learn how to hit inside pitches.

Honestly he's so so good when he's extending his arms, you'd think he'd want to stand a little further off the plate so that even inside pitches become "outside" or down the middle to him.

Kevin Millar (yeah I know not the best example) loved to pull the ball, so he crowded the plate and made every pitch an "inside" pitch basically.

• Like 1

Make no mistake, though, the Marlins let an enormous opportunity to win Game 1 against a really good Braves team slip away. And it all started with the HBP (I don’t think it was intentional). 

It did not help that the Braves swing at everything and were luck boxes yesterday. 

It also did not help that they took Fried out.  We were all over that guy.

4-1 lead and immediately give back 2 runs in the bottom of the inning.  

If they can somehow get this to Game 5, we have a shot.  

44 minutes ago, DTrain said:

Make no mistake, though, the Marlins let an enormous opportunity to win Game 1 against a really good Braves team slip away. And it all started with the HBP (I don’t think it was intentional). 

It did not help that the Braves swing at everything and were luck boxes yesterday. 

It also did not help that they took Fried out.  We were all over that guy.

4-1 lead and immediately give back 2 runs in the bottom of the inning.  

If they can somehow get this to Game 5, we have a shot.  

Why worry about game 5 when we can get this thing in 4 still??

Man up until yesterday on social media the Marlins were a circus organization that was a punchline for every joke possible and most recently an undeserving fluke team... but today on social media suddenly the Marlins are a dirty playing evil organization out to start fights and purposely injure other players under the reign of the tyrannical Lord Mattingly.

It's pretty funny really.

18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I am fired up

I think yesterday we unintentionally fired up the Braves and that led to Braves fans and the media getting fired up even more... but then something unexpected to everyone else happened. I think the Marlins got sick of everyone else getting fired up because of them and then suddenly lashing out at them and now it sounds like the Marlins woke up today possibly even more fired up than everyone else combined! Maybe this actually pushes the Marlins even further. It would fall perfectly in line with our story this season. Keep pushing this team down and they love to push back!

6 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

If you engage Braves fans on Twitter about this, they say to throw strikes and stay away from the inside of the plate if you're not confident you can throw inside without hitting him. That's why the baby cries every time, he'd love that since his only "weakness" is on the inside part of the plate.

Maybe the Braves should stop pitching Andy and Miggy inside too since they obviously can’t control their pitches even worse than us. 

• Like 2

So I was reading a twitter thread about how BA has been hit more than Acuña by the Braves.

They responded with "You can't compare fastballs with curveballs that got away." 

Someone responded with this: 

And the fucking response was "If you know anything about Touki, he can’t be accurate to save his life. Maybe he should aim at the batters, then he might throw it over the plate."

Really? So I suppose that Ureña always had pinpoint command going into that HBP to Acuña?

There are some Braves fans that I like (more than I can say about the Mets and Phillies fans), but the normie  Braves fans have to be some of the lowest IQ fans in the sport.