Sign in to follow this  
pollythewog

Yelich and Ozuna vs the Marlins

48 minutes ago, EricOwens! said:

I really can't stand watching Paddack and Castillo highlights

Then try sitting instead.

10 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Then try sitting instead.

This is a great example of why I thought it was weird that you thought my post about looking at MLB Strength Of Schedule In May was weird.  

• Laugh 1

3 minutes ago, DTrain said:

This is a great example of why I thought it was weird that you thought my post about looking at MLB Strength Of Schedule In May was weird.  

I think this post about that post being weird about that other post being weird is weird.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I think this post about that post being weird about that other post being weird is weird.

This was weird. 

2 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

I really can't stand watching Paddack and Castillo highlights

I love it - mostly because Paddack is on my fantasy team, but ... hey.

Shoot, if they stayed with us, bet they don't do nearly as well. 😛

5 minutes ago, Michael said:

I love it - mostly because Paddack is on my fantasy team, but ... hey.

Shoot, if they stayed with us, bet they don't do nearly as well. 😛

Not true. we need to have someone do well to be traded off, right?

21 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Not true. we need to have someone do well to be traded off, right?

That's exactly what happened - they did well for at least two weeks and Loria and co said "TRADE FOR VETERANS"

1 hour ago, DTrain said:

Fair point. 

• Like 1

Honestly tho, Paddack, Castillo, Smith would have Harvey, De Grom, Thor potential. Then add Pablo and Richards as a 4 and 5 and we're looking at a legitimate top of the line rotation. Those trades hurt more than Yelich because at least you understood the rationale behind that trade. Loria knew he was leaving so he just dumped any players with potential for half a season of a 50 year old reliever and Cashner/Straily. Laughable. Fuck him.

11 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

Honestly tho, Paddack, Castillo, Smith would have Harvey, De Grom, Thor potential. Then add Pablo and Richards as a 4 and 5 and we're looking at a legitimate top of the line rotation. Those trades hurt more than Yelich because at least you understood the rationale behind that trade. Loria knew he was leaving so he just dumped any players with potential for half a season of a 50 year old reliever and Cashner/Straily. Laughable. Fuck him.

Can I just say one thing....

These players had chips on their shoulders because they were traded, and went to other organizations. I really don't think this team would have developed these SP properly in the Loria years... heck- they never did outside of Jose and Josh.

Most of their SP "Prospects" were from other teams who were close- Nolasco, Willis, Mitre, Sanchez, Alvarez just to name a few.

They couldn't develop for shit... just see Sean West, Scott Olsen, Vargas, Conley, Hand, Descalfani and all the dudes who failed here and succeeded elsewhere. Heck, look at Evoldi and Miller, once they got away from here, their careers became what everyone thought.

This team couldn't develop a pitching staff or prospect to save it's seasons and had to trade a prospect who had a decent ceiling for a Pitching Guru.

AND THEY STILL FAILED.

Paddack and Castillo is as much on Benedict as it is on Loria's regime.

• Like 1