Sign in to follow this  
pollythewog

Yelich and Ozuna vs the Marlins

14 hours ago, Michael said:

Right. So we can't entirely blame Hill on those moves, I'd say. Someone would probably say "but he could have said no and made a different move" - Loria wasn't someone you said "no" to cause you'd lose your job, it seemed.

Is what it is. All in the past, it all sucks, and here we are.

Eh, Hill could have held onto Paddack and used some other prospect to get a deal done for an aging reliever.

Pretty sure Loria didnt care who was traded for, just as long as it was a veteran reliever with experience to make the club better.

12 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Eh, Hill could have held onto Paddack and used some other prospect to get a deal done for an aging reliever.

Pretty sure Loria didnt care who was traded for, just as long as it was a veteran reliever with experience to make the club better.

I'm pretty sure it's been reported that Loria basically did the trade himself and then told Hill, and that that was a common occurrence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Das Texan said:

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'm pretty sure it's been reported that Loria basically did the trade himself and then told Hill, and that that was a common occurrence.

What rmc said.

Padres probably specifically said Paddack for Rodney and Loria said "yep do it."

23 minutes ago, Michael said:

What rmc said.

Padres probably specifically said Paddack for Rodney and Loria said "yep do it."

Yup, the reports were that Paddack wasn't on some list, and Loria takes that list as the be-all end-all report, so if you're not on it, who cares, so he just said "ok, do it!"

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yup, the reports were that Paddack wasn't on some list, and Loria takes that list as the be-all end-all report, so if you're not on it, who cares, so he just said "ok, do it!"

Baseball Americas top 100 list.

I saw ozuna hit a dong yesterday have to imagine Yelly and Oz are running away in this contest

6 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

I saw ozuna hit a dong yesterday have to imagine Yelly and Oz are running away in this contest

Who cares? 

• Laugh 1