Marlins, Hill Parting Ways

On 10/21/2020 at 9:36 AM, rmc523 said:

The reality is we'll never know.  It's all so intertwined that we can't possibly know unless one of them comes out and goes line by line "this was me, that was him, this was him, etc. etc."

Believe it or not, Samson has done alot of this. Even admitted his own failings and what was Loria's problems. I know Samson gets alot of crap (rightfully so) for what he did here and what he's done in the media... but I will say hearing him talk about it I never once felt he was lying. Hes just naturally candid.

He's thrown "Jeffrey" under the bus enough to know that he isn't afraid to speak the truth. Loria 100% was involved in all those short sighted vet signings and trades and didn't value for a second prospects that weren't gaining acclaim as a top 100.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piazza31 said:

Believe it or not, Samson has done alot of this. Even admitted his own failings and what was Loria's problems. I know Samson gets alot of crap (rightfully so) for what he did here and what he's done in the media... but I will say hearing him talk about it I never once felt he was lying. Hes just naturally candid.

He's thrown "Jeffrey" under the bus enough to know that he isn't afraid to speak the truth. Loria 100% was involved in all those short sighted vet signings and trades and didn't value for a second prospects that weren't gaining acclaim as a top 100.

yeah, i believe he even said he was at fault for a lot of the shortcomings as recently as when the fish officially made the playoffs.  I'm pretty sure he mentioned he sucked when he made his congratulatory tweet.