Sixto Sanchez Not a Lock for the 2021 Rotation

9 hours ago, ZfromCIS said:

There’s nothing realistic about saying he won’t be in the rotation next year.

Nobody's said he won't be there at all in 2021, simply that he's not guaranteed a spot in the rotation. That's all it is. Most likely this is stating for the roster come Opening Day. He will absolutely be in the rotation at some point in 2021 and it very well could be for the full season, but as of now, no guarantees. All it is.

I believe Edward Cabrera will come out of spring training as part of the rotation. His upside seems huge to me.

Our lefty in waiting should have been Asa Lacy. We were so dang lucky to have a shot at drafting him ... then passed in favor of Max Meyer. Actually, the Jeter regime has screwed up all three of its drafts ... taking Bleday instead of CJ Abrams and then Connor Scott before that.

• Confused 2
2 minutes ago, cornfield said:

I believe Edward Cabrera will come out of spring training as part of the rotation. His upside seems huge to me.

Our lefty in waiting should have been Asa Lacy. We were so dang lucky to have a shot at drafting him ... then passed in favor of Max Meyer. Actually, the Jeter regime has screwed up all three of its drafts ... taking Bleday instead of CJ Abrams and then Connor Scott before that.

I'm so glad your crystal ball is working!

Tell me, what year is Abrams inducted into the HOF? And, additionally, how many Cy Young Awards is Asa Lacy winning? Do they decide to just rename the award after him since he wins so many? Furthermore, when Bleday and Meyer are both busts, since you know this will happen for sure, where do we end up trading them?

Now that I got the sarcasm out of my system ...

There is no actual way to know right now which of those players listed will end up being the best at the Major League level. They all have the exact same amount of big league experience as of today. You and I have the same amount of big league experience as they do. Are we potentially better than they are, too? (Shoot guess I had a little more in my system.)

Maybe have some faith in this team's front office, yeah? Give it time.

• Like 1
Just now, SilverBullet said:

Mattingly saying Sixto isn't a lock is the same type of managerial psychology as a year ago when he said Garrett Cooper isn't a starter.

Yes and especially in this case, it was necessary. Sixto showed up to camp out of shape this year. Don needed to remind him that he isn't being handed anything.

• Like 1

The question is, can Sixto receive the necessary seasoning up in the majors as he would have in the upper minors? Will starting in the majors next year stunt his development?

4 hours ago, cornfield said:

In the draft you take the best available prospect, especially when it's the third overall pick.  Drafting based on need is a convenience later down in the rounds. I think we drafted 3 LHP last year, so it was addressed.

It's good to be balanced but you don't apply it just for the sake of it.  Worrying about LHP, just shows how much talent this team has right now. 

Also, a lot of things can happen between draft day and the time it takes to develop them.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:44 PM, Vic D said:

The question is, can Sixto receive the necessary seasoning up in the majors as he would have in the upper minors? Will starting in the majors next year stunt his development?

Did you really ask if facing BETTER hitters will stunt his development?

who actually played past middle school here?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

I played in an adult community league 🤷‍♀️

back-to-back champs! 

I play in an adult league too bro! Can’t give up on the dream lol.

• Like 2