Miggy Ro and BA finalists for Gold Gloves

Admin

Nice to see but Arenado led all of MLB in dWAR and Swanson was 3rd so it’ll be really tough for then to win if they take that into account.

also, it’s super annoying the way gold gloves work. It seems you only get attention for it if you get to the postseason. I know Yelich won it during a lost season but in general it seems pretty biased. In the NL only 4 out of the 27 didn’t get to the post season.

Then you have Kike Hernandez who was top ten in dWAR and first among second basemen didn’t make the cut 🤷🏻‍♂️ So I’m left wondering what criteria they use here

Edited by marlinsmaniac

9 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Nice to see but Arenado led all of MLB in dWAR and Swanson was 3rd so it’ll be really tough for then to win if they take that into account.

also, it’s super annoying the way gold gloves work. It seems you only get attention for it if you get to the postseason. I know Yelich won it during a lost season but in general it seems pretty biased. In the NL only 4 out of the 27 didn’t get to the post season.

Then you have Kike Hernandez who was top ten in dWAR and first among second basemen didn’t make the cut 🤷🏻‍♂️ So I’m left wondering what criteria they use here

If I'm not mistaken, voting is done before the postseason. Pretty sure any postseason connection is coincidental. 

19 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

If I'm not mistaken, voting is done before the postseason. Pretty sure any postseason connection is coincidental. 

IDK bullet! I got my tin foil hat on and it’s gonna be tough to get it off lol

Same thing happened in 2003. Our infield had been great for years but it took getting to the playoffs for Castillo and Lee to get the gold glove? Come on lol 

Edited by marlinsmaniac

20 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Same thing happened in 2003. Our infield had been great for years but it took getting to the playoffs for Castillo and Lee to get the gold glove? Come on lol 

I'm not arguing human bias in the voting but if votes are actually submitted before the postseason then it's 100% coincidental that the winners had postseason success the same season. How could voters have voted based on the 2003 postseason BEFORE the 2003 postseason happened?

Are they from Taiwan?

• Haha 1

Just now, SilverBullet said:

I'm not arguing human bias in the voting but if votes are actually submitted before the postseason then it's 100% coincidental that the winners had postseason success the same season. How could voters have voted based on the 2003 postseason BEFORE the 2003 postseason happened?

Are they from Taiwan?

I tried looking it up but I didn’t find anything on when they actually do the votes. Can you find anything? 

Also, if voting is done before the postseason they should announce the awards before the postseason even starts. I genuinely think that even if they tell you that they vote before the postseason, they wait till after the playoff teams are announced so they can modify the results. Can’t prove it but, it’s what I believe lol

31 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

You may be on to something.

It's not so much that they made the postseason but rather the chase for a postseason spot made writers pay more attention. Voting is done before playoffs, yes. But if they're in the race, media has to pay attention.

• Like 3

Nice to See BA get some love. I’ve been fighting a probably losing battle on Card forums about how the Marlins get the absolute shaft from Topps when it comes to Marlins star players. BA seems the most poised as a Position player to be a star. Most Topps sets outside of the Main Set have had only Yamamoto or Diaz and for some reason Alfaro . Panini seems to give BA love but unfortunately doesn’t have the license for logos. This might change that alittle.