Sign in to follow this  
97marlin

Our pitching is actually really good!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

Jim Bowden also says Caleb Smith is a trade canidate

Marlins probably consider the starting pitchers untouchable at this point to be honest.

7 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

Jim Bowden also says Caleb Smith is a trade canidate

Ehhhh I think I'd rather keep him ...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Piazza31 said:

Burnett pitched himself a hissy fit and was sent packing, Penny HAD to get traded to get a legit catcher because we didn't spend, and Derek Lee was sent packing because of money issues.

That 05 team was very much in contention on September 1st. The team shit the bed that month.  Burnett was awful.  He had an ERA north of 5.00. A 1.4 WHIP and the team lost all five games he pitched in. He wasn’t the only issue but he did have a poor end of the season. 

10 minutes ago, DTrain said:

I’ll kill thousands of baby seals if they trade Caleb Smith. 

Hey, buddy, I understand you'd be upset, but could you maybe, like, drop it down to just a couple hundred?

• Laugh 1

4 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

If our rotation and pen were for real, then did this team really be "two really hitters" away ?

I remember when we were two pitchers away.

On 4/24/2019 at 8:30 PM, SilverBullet said:

Marlins probably consider the starting pitchers untouchable at this point to be honest.

Lie to me.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:23 PM, THRILLHO said:

That 05 team was very much in contention on September 1st. The team shit the bed that month.  Burnett was awful.  He had an ERA north of 5.00. A 1.4 WHIP and the team lost all five games he pitched in. He wasn’t the only issue but he did have a poor end of the season. 

I was moe lamenting the series of moves it took to make the 2005 contender by trading viable pieces like Penny to fix holes we created by being cheap. I mean, we replaced Pudge, Lee, Encarnacion, and Penny with Encarnacion, LoDuca, Choi in 2004. Penny would have helped in 2005, Lee would have helped in 2004, and Encarnacion wouldn't have had to have been required. Same with starting Castro and Redmond in 2004 if we kept pudge or looked for another C.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:07 AM, Michael said:

Hey, buddy, I understand you'd be upset, but could you maybe, like, drop it down to just a couple hundred?

I love it... 3000.

#SpoilersOuttaContext2019