Sign in to follow this  
97marlin

Our pitching is actually really good!!!!!!

Why does Nick Anderson not get more opportunities late in the game? And why aren't we having Steck figure it out in the sixth or seventh rather than in the eighth? I feel like our bullpen is a mixed bag, we have the statcast data lets use it to make informed decisions about our pen.

• Like 1

Just now, 97marlin said:

Why does Nick Anderson not get more opportunities late in the game? And why aren't we having Steck figure it out in the sixth or seventh rather than in the eighth? I feel like our bullpen is a mixed bag, we have the statcast data lets use it to make informed decisions about our pen.

Yea sometimes it feels like our bullpen is really good, other times it's a train wreck... so it definitely feels like shuffling some things around and making better decisions would lead to a better bullpen... and this is one of the frustrating things about Mattingly because you'd think he'd be the one to make these calls.

1 hour ago, 97marlin said:

Mattingly seems dead set on everyone has their role, that's when I use them, not let's use them when they'd do best.

2 hours ago, 97marlin said:

cause Don is bad at bullpen management.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:43 AM, SonOfJack said:

Or a Mickey Mantle.

Nolan too 

Smith not pitching well of late but everyone else in the rotation has stepped it up. I can dig it.