$100 million payroll planned for 2021

22 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I believe Scoop means the opening day roster of 2020.

Yeah I thought that was such a useless article. We have no clue what the lineup will look like, who might be traded, who might make the team out of spring training, etc. Just a useless assessment this early in the offseason 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah I thought that was such a useless article. We have no clue what the lineup will look like, who might be traded, who might make the team out of spring training, etc. Just a useless assessment this early in the offseason 

He's nothing to do recently anyway. 

Edited by taiwanmarlin
43 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

The author alone should've told you it was a useless article.

• Haha 3

It's a numbingly stupid article but it's not because of Frisaro. Every MLB team has the same article up. MLB.com occasionally assigns certain required articles to every team's reporter, especially during the offseason. 

• Banana 1
11 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

If this team didn't acquire at least one of Hand and Hendriks, one of Brantley and Springer then I would doubt their determination. 

Marlins: *trade for Trout, Lindor, Hader, Devin Williams, sign Realmuto, win World Series four years in a row*

Taiwanmarlin: "I just don't know if they're determined enough."

• Haha 2
  • Banana 2
11 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

If this team didn't acquire at least one of Hand and Hendriks, one of Brantley and Springer then I would doubt their determination. 

You may want to set your bar a little lower than that

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

One of Hand and Hendriks, one of Brantley and Pederson.

I think it's worth remembering that the arguably best reliever the Marlins have had in 10 years -- maybe more -- was a no-name career minor leaguer who was acquired in a largely unnoticed trade (Nick Anderson). I think the Marlins will definitely dip a toe into the free agency market, especially given that's it's dripping with good relievers, but it's wrong to think a big free agency splash is the only tool for upgrades this winter.

Let's not forget, Yasiel Puig is still out there, and might be willing to sign for a box of Cracker Jack at this point. And several other teams are looking to shed payroll and might be willing to trade some players at below-market rates.

11 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

And somebody said this team would have a $100 million payroll for the next season. 

He's said that three years in a row now, though. Don't put stock into it. 

• 2 weeks later...