$100 million payroll planned for 2021

22 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I believe Scoop means the opening day roster of 2020.

Yeah I thought that was such a useless article. We have no clue what the lineup will look like, who might be traded, who might make the team out of spring training, etc. Just a useless assessment this early in the offseason 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah I thought that was such a useless article. We have no clue what the lineup will look like, who might be traded, who might make the team out of spring training, etc. Just a useless assessment this early in the offseason 

He's nothing to do recently anyway. 

Edited by taiwanmarlin
43 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

The author alone should've told you it was a useless article.

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

If this team didn't acquire at least one of Hand and Hendriks, one of Brantley and Springer then I would doubt their determination. 

Marlins: *trade for Trout, Lindor, Hader, Devin Williams, sign Realmuto, win World Series four years in a row*

Taiwanmarlin: "I just don't know if they're determined enough."

• Haha 2
  • Banana 2
46 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

One of Hand and Hendriks, one of Brantley and Pederson.

I think it's worth remembering that the arguably best reliever the Marlins have had in 10 years -- maybe more -- was a no-name career minor leaguer who was acquired in a largely unnoticed trade (Nick Anderson). I think the Marlins will definitely dip a toe into the free agency market, especially given that's it's dripping with good relievers, but it's wrong to think a big free agency splash is the only tool for upgrades this winter.

Let's not forget, Yasiel Puig is still out there, and might be willing to sign for a box of Cracker Jack at this point. And several other teams are looking to shed payroll and might be willing to trade some players at below-market rates.

• 2 weeks later...