Tony LaRussa named White Sox manager

31 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

I can't recall a manager in the Hall of Fame coming out of retirement to manage again. Obviously he has credentials for the job, maybe he'll hire McKeon for the staff 

First Hall of Fame manager (inducted as manager) to come out of retirement and manage again.

• Shocked 1
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, hovertical said:

the fact he apparently repeatedly kept pointing out who he is in order to get out of a DUI tells me everything i need to know about him as a human being

Are you sure it was to get out of the DUI or maybe he was trying to remember his own name?

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

He will serve 1 day in home confinement 

According to MLBTR:

A Maricopa County judge has accepted La Russa’s guilty plea for reckless driving, per Jon Seidel of the Chicago Sun-Times (Twitter thread). He’s been sentenced to a day of jail time, which has been commuted to home detention, and 20 hours of community service. He’ll be fined $1,383 as well. La Russa also recently went through alcohol counseling, according to his attorney.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

According to MLBTR:

A Maricopa County judge has accepted La Russa’s guilty plea for reckless driving, per Jon Seidel of the Chicago Sun-Times (Twitter thread). He’s been sentenced to a day of jail time, which has been commuted to home detention, and 20 hours of community service. He’ll be fined $1,383 as well. La Russa also recently went through alcohol counseling, according to his attorney.

Incredible how the White Sox are building an amazing team with more on the way and Reinsdorf has to bring back his old buddy.

Then again this guy broke up the Bulls too.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

According to MLBTR:

Like I said, home confinement for a day. Low total of community service and small fine (for him) don't really change much. He got off easier than I think the general public would for a second offense.

12 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Like I said, home confinement for a day. Low total of community service and small fine (for him) don't really change much. He got off easier than I think the general public would for a second offense.

The community service he'll probably take care of during spring training too. Probably pretty easy near some ST sites. This is admittedly based on my experiences at Roger Dean and a couple other ST ballparks. Parking lots usually littered before and after games.

37 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Oh I certainly agree.  He does go to jail for a day.   Whoops, I missed the line where it's been made home detention.   Really?  lol, I sit at home all day on my own.  That's punishment?  lol

• Haha 1
On 12/21/2020 at 4:55 PM, SonOfJack said:

That's for sure, without question. In my city you get your license suspended for a year. I don't remember reading if he even has a license anymore but that's just the minimum of the sentencing possible.