Sign in to follow this  
HanleyDavidson

Chip Bowers Fired.

Anyone know when Jeter is supposed to talk to the media?  I want to hear what reasoning he gives.

I hope they don't use reasons like "attendance", naming rights, tv deal etc.  The guy has been there for 14 months.  The park has been here for 7 years and they didn't get naming rights done.  I still think this has to be some sort of thing he did, I mean what metrics - short of vastly unrealistic expectations from Jeter & Co. - would he not be doing well with?

Jeter has preached patience every time he has spoken to the media. It's almost impossible for him to say Bowers was fired for not achieving any of his goals within his first 14 months. It would make zero sense. 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Jeter has preached patience every time he has spoken to the media. It's almost impossible for him to say Bowers was fired for not achieving any of his goals within his first 14 months. It would make zero sense. 

That's what I mean - "patience", "trust the process", etc.  There must be something else going on.

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

That's what I mean - "patience", "trust the process", etc.  There must be something else going on.

I would lose a lot of respect for Jeter if that's the reason he gives. Mark that down because I know y'all never thought that would be said by me.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I would lose a lot of respect for Jeter if that's the reason he gives. Mark that down because I know y'all never thought that would be said by me.

Agreed.  I'm all for "lighting the fire" moves on field like firing Mattingly, but they need a sense of stability in the front office/business office.  Canning the business guy a year in looks short sighted and like a knee jerk reaction to something - again, unless he did something wildly inappropriate.

Anyone know when Jeter is talking to the media?  And will it be live, or just reported?

36 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Anyone know when Jeter is talking to the media?  And will it be live, or just reported?

I can't pull the link now but Mish tweeted last night he "expects" Jeter to speak to media prior to the game.  Can't find anything about a separate time set aside to discuss Bowers. 

4 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I can't pull the link now but Mish tweeted last night he "expects" Jeter to speak to media prior to the game.  Can't find anything about a separate time set aside to discuss Bowers. 

Found it.  I was thinking there was some sort of press conference, but this sounds like he'll just talk to who's there pregame.

16 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

If it is a coverup it will probably eventually be revealed.

Jeter has to choose his words carefully tomorrow so he doesn't look like a liar when that day comes.

Got a feeling they hired Bowers and he was delegating everything... and they realize he wasn't needed after all. Probably reward for Jones and Conner for their hard work by giving them those titles.

Just now, Piazza31 said:

Got a feeling they hired Bowers and he was delegating everything... and they realize he wasn't needed after all. Probably reward for Jones and Conner for their hard work by giving them those titles.

Reasonable guess.