Sign in to follow this  
HanleyDavidson

Chip Bowers Fired.

14 hours ago, DTrain said:

I feel embarrassed for David Samson when he comments on the new ownership group negatively.  

I feel like he's the only one qualified to discuss how difficult it is for this new ownership group- and probably has inside information based on his past relationships and friendships.

Just now, Piazza31 said:

I feel like he's the only one qualified to discuss how difficult it is for this new ownership group

But the group he was part of was garbage so he really is not in a position to talk down about the current group. He isn't defending them by saying it is difficult, that'd be one thing. He's taking a victory lap and celebrating their problems.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

But the group he was part of was garbage so he really is not in a position to talk down about the current group. He isn't defending them by saying it is difficult, that'd be one thing. He's taking a victory lap and celebrating their problems.

True, relishing someone elses misery. I mean, his lebatard segments are insightful when he talks about the team. Maybe Jeter is treating leftover employees like shit?

The only thing more upsetting than Bowers being let go is the random period in the title of this thread.

3 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Also probably trying to validate himself for the failures of the prior ownership group.  That its more the market than anything else that led to struggles.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The only thing more upsetting than Bowers being let go is the random period in the title of this thread.

meh, some folks think title case should include a period when the title is a complete sentence, which this one is. Nothing random about it, and also:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ccc99c2654d526477

Samson wants Jeter to fail so that he can say that his and Loria's failure was only because nobody could do it, "we failed because we were trying to do the impossible." So any Jeter misstep now is gonna have Samson going "oooh look he failed too so stop pointing fingers at us!" I imagine if Jeter's Marlins win the world series Samson will tweet out "we did that already, now show that you can win it again #notthateasy" 

It wouldn't shock me if Samson secretly wishes for the Marlins to be relocated because that would be the ultimate way to prove that Miami baseball was never going to work under any ownership. 

If he wants to blame the market/city/fanbase that's fine but there's 2 key things Samson and Co never gave this market... a consistent winner and the earning of trust and loyalty, for when the winning wasn't possible. If Jeter gets those two things or some solid combination of the two then this team will finally be set. 

• Like 2

Standard yes. I still think it wasn't about performance. He said things that work if it is covering up a personnel issue.

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Standard yes. I still think it wasn't about performance. He said things that work if it is covering up a personnel issue.

If Bowers had been here for a few years and things were stagnant, I could buy the "This has to do with our overall business strategy, accountability & we felt a change was needed in the leadership group" line, but the guy was here for a year.  Unless he just sat in a corner and did absolutely nothing, they would've known what strategy he had outlined either when he arrived or a few months after that (allowing time for him to evaluate things and come up with a plan), and would've been "ok'd" by those above him.  Unless those above him are having a knee-jerk reaction to something, it's not as if this plan would've changed, and if they didn't like his plan, tell him to come up with a new one?

I agree there's something else going on here that they're not sharing.