New President of Baseball Ops Speculation

Admin

20 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Guesses???

Good God this sounds like the rumors just before they announced Dan Jennings as the on field manager in 2015. Scary thought.

My thought on this the last few days has been that they should just make Dan Greenlee the President of Baseball Ops and any new hires would just fall in line under him. This would ensure that we keep the same format of baseball operations that has worked well enough thus far. My fear has always been that a new guy would shake things up too drastically so let's hope this new head isn't going to be able to do that.

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

Welcome back, Michael Hill!

He apparently interviewed for the Mets job the other day.

9 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Good God this sounds like the rumors just before they announced Dan Jennings as the on field manager in 2015. Scary thought.

My thought on this the last few days has been that they should just make Dan Greenlee the President of Baseball Ops and any new hires would just fall in line under him. This would ensure that we keep the same format of baseball operations that has worked well enough thus far. My fear has always been that a new guy would shake things up too drastically so let's hope this new head isn't going to be able to do that.

Ha.  I thought the same thing too.

I get your point, but I’d have to imagine that they’d make sure whoever they hire would be good with keeping a similar set up to what they have now if they like how that setup is working before hiring them.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Even if it's for good reason and with the right intentions it always sucks to keep reading that.

To be fair, we didn't suddenly become the Yankees just because Jeter took over. This franchise is always going to have to be cost-effective. It's just the way it is, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Look what the Rays have been able to do with an incredibly limited payroll.

So long as the FO makes wise, shrewd decisions and is willing to spend SOME money to get better/stay competitive, I'm fine with it. Look what we were able to do this year with pennies.

Would it be nice to have a New York payroll? Of course, but that's just not how things work for the Marlins.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, rmc523 said:

He apparently interviewed for the Mets job the other day.

Ha.  I thought the same thing too.

I get your point, but I’d have to imagine that they’d make sure whoever they hire would be good with keeping a similar set up to what they have now if they like how that setup is working before hiring them.

I believe whoever they hire would following the Jeter's plan. 

Edited by taiwanmarlin

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Gotta love the complaining about something that hasn’t happened yet.

Some of us are conditioned that way.  To much of one thing, blinds our sense of reality and whatever looks remotely similar is perceived to be the same.

• The topic was locked