Kim Ng hired as General Manager

In the era of Loria, Marlins is a laughingstock of the league in the most of the time. 

In the era of Sherman /Jeter, Marlins is a model of changing the culture of a organization. 

In the era of Ng, Marlins would be …

I believe she takes the job not because it's the only job offered to her but because she sees the future of this organization, just can't wait to know her plans for the off-season !!!

1 minute ago, taiwanmarlin said:

In the era of Ng, Marlins would be …

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

I believe in her determination already. From all the qualifications I've read up on and how she persisted all these years to get to this level I think Jeter made a great choice in someone who will believe in the organizational cause and has the drive for excellence.

Very surprised by the pick, but pleasantly satisfied and I'm loving all the positive press.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

Also, "Ng" is two less letters compared to "Hill" that I'll have to type in the future, so an extra cool lazy point there!

Kim is also a letter shorter than Mike so you win at slothfulness there too

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Pointing out something that annoyed me... When Hill was let go there were several social media posts complaining that a black man was fired yet in the end it led to another minority being hired in his place and a woman at that. 

Some people are pretty quick to point fingers and claim discrimination when completely unwarranted. 

Ultimately neither the firing of the black man nor the hiring of the Asian American woman had anything to do with race or ethnicity. 

I know, everything these days is racist if it involves something not positive (I purposely didn't use "negative") with any sort of minority involved.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Kim Ng says at least 500 people told her they were now gonna become Marlins fans.

So that makes about 516 Marlins fans now.

half the stadium will be fill up next season then

They've given her a million generic questions about being a woman getting this job and she keeps answering basically with the same thoughts but man I want someone to ask her some Marlins specific questions. There's a lot for her to do here, give her some real questions.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

They've given her a million generic questions about being a woman getting this job and she keeps answering basically with the same thoughts but man I want someone to ask her some Marlins specific questions. There's a lot for her to do here, give her some real questions.

I wish @taiwanmarlinwas a beat reporter at times like this. He would not waste time on trivial questions, he'd get to the good stuff.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

The magnitude of this hiring has brought so many reporters from outside of Miami that probably 80% of them have no clue what to ask her about the Marlins. 

Next they should seriously do one of those town hall meetings with Marlins season ticket holders who will grill her about attendance, fire sales, the sculpture, Billy the Marlin, and Marlins Man.

• Like 2
Just now, SilverBullet said:

The magnitude of this hiring has brought so many reporters from outside of Miami that probably 80% of them have no clue what to ask her about the Marlins. 

Next they should seriously do one of those town hall meetings with Marlins season ticket holders who will grill her about attendance, fire sales, the sculpture, Billy the Marlin, and Marlins Man.

greg cote and minervini had the chance to ask a specific question internally about the Marlins but they didn't

Just now, el_gmac said:

greg cote and minervini had the chance to ask a specific question internally about the Marlins but they didn't

McPherson Frisaro and Mish and Blaylock too but they went easy. I hope each gets the chance to ask a second question.

But yeah she seems awesome, knowledgeable, confident, and super ready for the challenge. You can tell just by this press conference that she is ready for this job, gender is so irrelevant when you're this impressive.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

But yeah she seems awesome, knowledgeable, confident, and super ready for the challenge. You can tell just by this press conference that she is ready for this job, gender is so irrelevant when you're this impressive.

plus she played stick ball

• Like 2
  • Haha 1