Kim Ng hired as General Manager

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Ok Kim is totally swatting away the stupid questions already.

"Why was there never a woman GM in the MLB before you?"

"I dunno, I'm just thankful I'm here"

She is really good at this. Mike Hill always annoyed me for some reason with his interviews and press conferences. I like her already. I do wish the reporters would ask questions about the team though.

• Like 1

MLB Network just asked Kim about the interview process with Jeter and I think her response is one of the more telling things said today. She says when she was with the Yankees from 98-01 she saw what a sustainable championship organization is supposed to look like and now talking with Derek in 2020 she sees that he took the same thing from that time and both of them want to apply that mentality to the Marlins.

So basically she said that both her and Jeter were already on the same page with what they wanted to do here and that's why there was such a clear fit here for both sides. Their visions were already lined up. This also is reassuring that Kim isn't coming in looking to shuffle things around too much either, more like just continue pushing forward.

Long story short, Derek wants to make this team as successful as those Yankees teams and now he found a GM candidate who was already thinking the same way as well.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Ok Kim is totally swatting away the stupid questions already.

"Why was there never a woman GM in the MLB before you?"

"I dunno, I'm just thankful I'm here"

Its great that the media has pushed equality. But they seem to push an agenda to cause division even after the belief they stand for is being practiced.  

Just like the tweet you just posted.  Amazing!!

Edited by jeffreysfishfry
27 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm very much a social justice warrior, but this shit is just idiotic. And from a white guy, no less. As if it's Jeter's fault that MLB doesn't have more Black GMs? Pushing him out when his contract expired? And I'm not even sure if we have the details of Ng's contract...just stupid.

47 minutes ago, Entendu said:

I love how they saved the baseball questions until the end. I skipped every social justice question and saved about 50 minutes of my time.

I hope she does well. I'm excited.

Watch those too, though. She responded well to every question. 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Kim Ng says at least 500 people told her they were now gonna become Marlins fans.

So that makes about 516 Marlins fans now.

Must be a new record for the number of fans added to a team after the hiring of a new GM.

• Like 1

Just saw this said by Billie Jean King in a Yahoo sports article talking about the Kim Ng hiring...

“When a guy does something, they don’t say, ‘Oh, he’s a great role model for a boy.’ They just say, ‘Oh, he’s a great role model.’ ”

That attitude will not change until the hiring of a woman prompts talk-show debates about whether she was the best candidate for the job, not national celebrations over the demise of a glass ceiling. And that change, King said, is up to men.

Umm, actually, the baseball world is pretty unanimously praising this because she truly is qualified for this job and not just making this about the glass ceiling breaking. It's all those clueless national reporters at yesterday's press conference who still wanna make this a social justice thing but throughout baseball they are celebrating that this woman is legitimately capable of handling this role.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Just saw this said by Billie Jean King in a Yahoo sports article talking about the Kim Ng hiring...

Umm, actually, the baseball world is pretty unanimously praising this because she truly is qualified for this job and not just making this about the glass ceiling breaking. It's all those clueless national reporters at yesterday's press conference who still wanna make this a social justice thing but throughout baseball they are celebrating that this woman is legitimately capable of handling this role.

Media got to stoke that fire. That’s all they’ve turned into.

• Like 1