Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Greg Cote: True Marlins fans showing optimism

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article229940739.html

This Miami Marlins season could not be more engulfed in depression -- at least if all you saw was the easy outside view.

In South Florida we are seeing beyond that. We are seeing small, bright glimpses of the future.

I hear a lot how the Marlins have “the worst fans in America.” I am forever correcting that notion, or at least adding an addendum. Marlins fans who regularly attend games —a hard core of maybe 7,000, have to be the best fans in South Florida. Because these are faith-keepers, the true baseball lovers, the folks able to see past today’s losses and imagine what Jeter is imagining down the road.

Marlins fans get a bad rap.

When you can keep your patience and your faith and see a future beyond the rubble because you love baseball so much, you are far from a lousy fan. You are exactly the kind of fan this franchise so desperately needs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

He's a fake fan.

I don’t think he’s being fake as much as he is tired of the pile on of negativity surrounding the organization. He thinks the negativity is unfair to fans who have gone through the last decade of mediocrity followed by tragic loss followed by organizational restructuring.

I think Jeter has a specific plan for the team that will lead to sustainable success. That is why I have not criticized him. Loria did not plan for sustainable success. 

Loria

Bad Farm System 27th

Overpaying for Stanton without having a good starting rotation after Fernandez

Unclear Marketing Message

Jeter

Much Better Farm System 13th

Not overpaying for players except for ones that are stuck on books from Loria Era (Chen etc.)

Clear Marketing Message with an improved ballpark

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

I don’t think he’s being fake as much as he is tired of the pile on of negativity surrounding the organization.

My impression is that the the whole "fake fan" label on this forum is a bit of an inside joke.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

I don’t think he’s being fake as much as he is tired of the pile on of negativity surrounding the organization. He thinks the negativity is unfair to fans who have gone through the last decade of mediocrity followed by tragic loss followed by organizational restructuring.

I think Jeter has a specific plan for the team that will lead to sustainable success. That is why I have not criticized him. Loria did not plan for sustainable success. 

Loria

Bad Farm System 27th

Overpaying for Stanton without having a good starting rotation after Fernandez

Unclear Marketing Message

Jeter

Much Better Farm System 13th

Not overpaying for players except for ones that are stuck on books from Loria Era (Chen etc.)

Clear Marketing Message with an improved ballpark

You're absolutely right but the fake fan line is a joke here, it actually means true die hard fan because recently someone said that optimistic fans who still attend games are actually fake fans and not real ones.

It's even more ridiculous now that I think about it again.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

Cote reads marlinsbaseball.com

Maybe SonofJack is Cote too!

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Maybe SonofJack is Cote too!

He is everyone.

8 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

We're DEFINITELY going to win 30 games this season!

#optimism

Reasonable chance for another 40 wins...............49-113