Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Call em up or leave em down?

Seen a few people on both sides of the coin here in different threads, so I figured I'd ask in one place and try to get a discussion going.

Call up some of the minor league talent who are doing well up to the big leagues, or let them continue their success where they are to develop more confidence in their abilities?

Examples: Monte Harrison, Harold Ramirez, Zac Gallen

3 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Call them up.

Do you their numbers? And what should I tell them when I call them?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Seen a few people on both sides of the coin here in different threads, so I figured I'd ask in one place and try to get a discussion going.

Call up some of the minor league talent who are doing well up to the big leagues, or let them continue their success where they are to develop more confidence in their abilities?

Examples: Monte Harrison, Harold Ramirez, Zac Gallen

It's not as cut and dry as people think. Call em up too fast and they struggle and also we could lose club control sooner. If it was up to some all of those guys would be up already just to avoid losing 100 games in 2019 but how does that really help if the MLB team isn't ready to win yet. All you're doing is wasting service time.

I say leave them down and only call them up sparingly. The goal is probably 2021 so why bother bringing them up now?

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Switch the Marlins lineup with the Baby Cakes

Lmao yeah basically everyone thinks that's all that needs to be done.

Don't call up any of the Baby Cakes until they're more mature. There's no room for babies in the majors.

Or cakes. But I would bring up Ramirez (.356). He's tearing it up. Riddle (.409) and Dean (.363) are also dick slapping AAA pitchers. Harrison (.301) is hitting good but Ks a lot.