Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Call em up or leave em down?

18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Why is Dean seemingly blacklisted?

He's torching AAA all year long, an OPS of 1.127

Yet, when the Marlins called him up they gave him only six games. He went 4-4 on one of those days even!

Why isn't he being given a chance to play every day at the MLB level right now? What did he do to end up on the shitlist?

Because Mattingly is a fucking god awful manager?  

And is absolutely the worst/wrong guy you can have for a fucking rebuild, but the Marlins in their cheapness (its true), decided hey what the fuck does it matter, it doesnt matter at all.  

Just now, Das Texan said:

Because Mattingly is a fucking god awful manager?  

Dean isn't on the 25-man roster so this one isn't on Don. Question is why he remains in AAA.

17 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

My guess for the immediate future is that it's because he doesn't play CF. There are enough people filling the corner positions right now. It's CF where there's a black hole being filled by infielders. If he's still in AAA a few months from now then I have no answer for you.

Cut bait with Grandyman.  But Jeter wont.  

Because LOYALTY!  

Just now, SonOfJack said:

Dean isn't on the 25-man roster so this one isn't on Don. Question is why he remains in AAA.

Donnie didnt use him just like he doesnt use Ramirez.  

Donnie doesn't make roster moves, baseball operations can call Dean back up regardless of how Donnie uses him.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Donnie doesn't make roster moves, baseball operations can call Dean back up regardless of how Donnie uses him.

The point being...

Why have Dean up with the marlins rotting away on the bench if the idiotic manager isnt going to actually play him.  It does Dean no fucking good to just be on the bench, and he will benefit far more from regular at bats.

I fully expect Ramirez to be sent out sometime soon for this same reason.

6 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Donnie didnt use him just like he doesnt use Ramirez.  

He used Dean.

5 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

He used Dean.

And then Donnie benched him in favor of other lesser trash.  

Dean was then sent out.

its not like Dean is that good of a prospect anyway so who really cares.  But probably a better option that most of the trash they send out there regularly I guess.  

37 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Why is Dean seemingly blacklisted?

He's torching AAA all year long, an OPS of 1.127

Yet, when the Marlins called him up they gave him only six games. He went 4-4 on one of those days even!

Why isn't he being given a chance to play every day at the MLB level right now? What did he do to end up on the shitlist?

I agree.  It's weird.  I'd rather see him than some of these other people we've trotted out.

35 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

My guess for the immediate future is that it's because he doesn't play CF. There are enough people filling the corner positions right now. It's CF where there's a black hole being filled by infielders. If he's still in AAA a few months from now then I have no answer for you.

I mean.  Would it really matter if you have a corner outfielder playing center if the alternative is an infielder playing center?