Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Call em up or leave em down?

18 minutes ago, Marlino said:

Riddle and Dean are also dick slapping AAA pitchers.

But is this really the kind of behavior we want to reward?

• Laugh 1

I don't know. ugh. We don't hit. But there is no rush to be good. Harrison keep down. Easy. Dean, probably bring up. Ramirez, probably leave down. Riddle probably leave down. Probably. I think my problem right now is there are so many guys I'd like to replace on the mlb squad, that it's hard for me to fix things easily. 

Honestly at this point, personally I'd give the diamondbacks a call. See if they will give us Domingo Leyba, and Kevin Cron for Urena. That'll at least give us 2 more bats to work with.

• Like 1

The ineptitude at the MLB level should have no bearing on promotion decisions at this point.  Players should be promoted when it’s best for their development.  We are awful now.  We aren’t going to be good next year either.  Assuming (emphasis here) the front office knows how to time this project correctly then whatever they deem an appropriate time to promote players is fine.  But we are too far from being respectable at the Mlb level to just promote players because we stink now 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

But is this really the kind of behavior we want to reward?

Hm.  Will it lead to a better experience?

1 hour ago, 97marlin said:

But there is no rush to be good.

1 hour ago, THRILLHO said:

The ineptitude at the MLB level should have no bearing on promotion decisions at this point.  

This and this. Many people want these guys up ONLY because the 2019 season is a disaster. Can't make decisions based on trying to win in 2019.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

This and this. Many people want these guys up ONLY because the 2019 season is a disaster. Can't make decisions based on trying to win in 2019.

Also can’t promote guys to try and entice people to pay attention to the Miami Marlins 

1 hour ago, SongInTheAir said:

Honestly, call them down or leave them up, whatever. 

I think that's what happens when Alfaro/Wallach call for a fastball when Conley pitches. Asks for it down, he leaves it up.

Harold Ramírez should definitely be called up.

Monte, wait.

Gallen, wait a little bit too.

• Like 1