Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Call em up or leave em down?

10 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Moved up to 99? World Series here we come!

99 Problems but Monte Harrison aint one.

• Laugh 1

On 5/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, Das Texan said:

I'm just saying...

A guy like a Kerry Wood has no business being on a bust list honestly.  He had a servicable major league career that was taken aback by injury.  They play up his 20k game as an expectation and not what it was, a remarkable game early in a career when the opposing team had basically no idea what he was throwing.

Same with JD Drew really.  Was he a super star?  no.  Was he a semi solid player for a number of years? yes.  Hardly a bust.

I think the article fails to take into account anything but draft status I guess, as the end all be all, which is fairly moronic.  

I mean I find it difficult to label a player as a true bust if they give you some productive major league seasons (see Prior, Mark).  

A bust to me is a player who has virtually no big league career and has no real success in MLB.  

yeah pretty idiotic to label all of those guys as busts.  Another general rule of thumb is - if you've made All-Star games during your career you generally aren't an all-time bust. 

my favorite all-time bust was when I first saw Salma Hayek in From Dusk 'till Dawn - before she turned vamp.

21 minutes ago, hovertical said:

yeah pretty idiotic to label all of those guys as busts.  Another general rule of thumb is - if you've made All-Star games during your career you generally aren't an all-time bust. 

my favorite all-time bust was when I first saw Salma Hayek in From Dusk 'till Dawn - before she turned vamp.

I'm more of a Jessica Robbin fan myself.

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

When she climbed the guy and said "I want to make you my sex slave".  Incredibly hot.  A super sick movie-pure Tarrantino

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Joe is delusional.  So the guy had 10 decent games, let's bring him up?  No.  Leave him down there for a few more weeks.  After the debacle that has been his season+ with the big team, I want to see him rake for at least a month before I consider bringing him back up.

• Like 1

Gotta love his line further down in the comments to his tweet - someone asked "is that enough of a sample size?" (My exact point), and his response is "yes, bc I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't"

10 games doesn't overcome a year and a half of absolute terrible play.

Can we get a new beat guy?

• Like 1