Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Call em up or leave em down?

23 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Frisaro does have a point with "is Brinson any worse than Berti/Herrera in the outfield?"

No, but Brinson is projected to have a future with the team.  Those other guys are just there.  I'd rather get Brinson straightened out for the long term than trot him out there sucking forever just because he's no worse than Berti/Herrera.

26 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Frisaro does have a point with "is Brinson any worse than Berti/Herrera in the outfield?"

I used to think his demotion was all about letting him figure things out in AAA. I kind don’t anymore.  I feel like the front office is using this as an opportunity to show the players that “hey anyone with options can get sent down” because they’re supposedly all about winning and putting the best players out there (supposedly).  

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

No, but Brinson is projected to have a future with the team.  Those other guys are just there.  I'd rather get Brinson straightened out for the long term than trot him out there sucking forever just because he's no worse than Berti/Herrera.

This

31 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Any worse?  no.

Any better?  appears not.

Brinson also destroyed AAA in 2017 as well.  

17 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

I used to think his demotion was all about letting him figure things out in AAA. I kind don’t anymore.  I feel like the front office is using this as an opportunity to show the players that “hey anyone with options can get sent down” because they’re supposedly all about winning and putting the best players out there (supposedly).  

It can simultaneously do both.  Help his development, and show other players that bad play won't be accepted/there'll be accountability.

• Like 1

Why is Dean seemingly blacklisted?

He's torching AAA all year long, an OPS of 1.127

Yet, when the Marlins called him up they gave him only six games. He went 4-4 on one of those days even!

Why isn't he being given a chance to play every day at the MLB level right now? What did he do to end up on the shitlist?

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It can simultaneously do both.  Help his development, and show other players that bad play won't be accepted/there'll be accountability.

You’re right.  

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Yet, when the Marlins called him up they gave him only six games. He went 4-4 on one of those days even!

Why isn't he being given a chance to play every day at the MLB level right now? What did he do to end up on the shitlist?

He’s too good 

• Laugh 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

My guess for the immediate future is that it's because he doesn't play CF. There are enough people filling the corner positions right now. It's CF where there's a black hole being filled by infielders. If he's still in AAA a few months from now then I have no answer for you.