Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

How this team to have a GOOD lineup ASAP ?

Recommended Posts

Caleb is pretty much untouchable right now or at least it would take a king's ransom. That isn't saying much with how the past trades have turned out but it would be high. I agree they need to trade some arms. Urena and Richards come to mind right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

Caleb is pretty much untouchable right now or at least it would take a king's ransom. That isn't saying much with how the past trades have turned out but it would be high. I agree they need to trade some arms. Urena and Richards come to mind right now.

Personally would like to keep Richards another year at a minimum and see if he can develop his secondary stuff (I'm considering his change-up to be his primary pitch). Like I said his change-up is really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CYmarlins said:

Caleb is pretty much untouchable right now or at least it would take a king's ransom. That isn't saying much with how the past trades have turned out but it would be high. I agree they need to trade some arms. Urena and Richards come to mind right now.

I wouldn't mind seeing Urena string a few good starts together, then get shipped off for prospects.

Richards, on the other hand - I feel like the sky is the limit with his potential.  If he can nail down his other pitches, he's a top-end rotation guy for years.  If he doesn't, we'll never get enough value to be worth trading him.  I fear we'd let him go for nothing, and he'll "put it together" somewhere else.

I'm much more confident in the developmental capabilities of this staff than the previous one though - unfortunately it's a process that can take a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm made this thread to emphasize the importance of the balance of pitching and hitting, everybody knows this team seems always lacking one of them, for example, when we have a rotation of Johnson, Buehrle, Sanchez and Nolasco we have no a good lineup, and when we have a lineup of G,Yeli and Big Bear we have no a good rotation, I just don't want this situation to happen again so that's why I hope this team to sign or trade for some really hitters to boost the offense, I know we can easily to draft or sign some international talent but it would waste many years of good pitching of this team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only Urena is tradeable right now. I can't believe anyone thinks it's ok to trade any of the other starters right now. We finally have SP depth you keep all of it to see which ones become part of the future here. No way you give up on any of them now.

Why is this even a question considering our past? 

Castillo and Paddack show that you don't sacrifice prospects for quick fixes... Brad Hand and Andrew Miller show that you don't give up struggling major leaguers...

The bats will come in other ways. With all the pitching being accumulated they can focus on bats in the next few drafts, there's still international free agents, you can sign in free agency when the time is right, some of the minor leaguer bats will pan out eventually, and lastly if more of the pitchers pan out than expected than you can ultimately trade from that depth but not yet.

No way Jose. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I'm made this thread to emphasize the importance of the balance of pitching and hitting, everybody knows this team seems always lacking one of them, for example, when we have a rotation of Johnson, Buehrle, Sanchez and Nolasco we have no a good lineup, and when we have a lineup of G,Yeli and Big Bear we have no a good rotation, I just don't want this situation to happen again so that's why I hope this team to sign or trade for some really hitters to boost the offense, I know we can easily to draft or sign some international talent but it would waste many years of good pitching of this team. 

The thing is that the pitching is still not ready. We have a lot of depth that will pay off in the long run as long as the FO stays patient, but we are still middle of the pack right now in the big leagues. It will still take a year or two for the pitching to develop so the next few years will not really be wasting good pitching. If they can build as much depth as they did in the pitching without high draft slots in a year and a half, then I'm sure that they can do the same with position players now that that is the focus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I never posted this idea. It's Brilliant!!!! If the team did this I would be happy. They won't but IF they did!

 

So, here is the idea. 

Marlins get Kevin Cron and Domingo Leyba

Daimondbacks get Jose Urena

Diamondbacks immediately get better, Marlins get new bats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

No way Jose. 

Canseco?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 97marlin said:

Oh, I never posted this idea. It's Brilliant!!!! If the team did this I would be happy. They won't but IF they did!

 

So, here is the idea. 

Marlins get Kevin Cron and Domingo Leyba

Daimondbacks get Jose Urena

Diamondbacks immediately get better, Marlins get new bats.

The thing is, if the Diamondbacks get Jose Urena, the rest of the NL West is actually who gets better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, i don't see anyone offering up anything for Urena right now.  MAYBE...if he goes on one his seasonal hot streaks (which he usually does each year for about a month) close to the deadline then someone really desperate might offer something. 

I'm not sold on Richards being a starter yet because he just has that one pitch, albeit an amazing one.  He'd likely be lights out in the bullpen though so he's a piece to hang on to barring some insane offer.  Caleb should be nigh untouchable.  Other than that?  meh... there are some ok arms but nothing that inspires me to say they're untradeable at this point. 

I realize there are some dudes putting some decent numbers up in the minors but I usually hold off on lauding praise until they actually face big league hitting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...