Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

How this team to have a GOOD lineup ASAP ?

On 5/10/2019 at 8:39 PM, hovertical said:

yeah, i don't see anyone offering up anything for Urena right now.  MAYBE...if he goes on one his seasonal hot streaks (which he usually does each year for about a month) close to the deadline then someone really desperate might offer something. 

I'm not sold on Richards being a starter yet because he just has that one pitch, albeit an amazing one.  He'd likely be lights out in the bullpen though so he's a piece to hang on to barring some insane offer.  Caleb should be nigh untouchable.  Other than that?  meh... there are some ok arms but nothing that inspires me to say they're untradeable at this point. 

I realize there are some dudes putting some decent numbers up in the minors but I usually hold off on lauding praise until they actually face big league hitting.

You guys are missing the beauty of this trade. The Daimondbacks need more pitchers. Urena, as much as we dislike him, has major league pitches. It's basically trading problems.

As much as we hate urena he is better than there fifth starter right now, and arguably better than there number 4. In exchange they give up 2 low upside, high performing bats. Both infielders. One of which is young. 

Both teams immidiatley get better. The Marlins open up a rotation spot that we can play with using minor league talent. And add triple A bats that can be brought up.

As I previously stated Urena, not good, but is better than some of the pitchers they are sending out. And they are giving up essentially nothing for him. Neither player is really considered a prospect. Leyba is 24 on daimondbacks top 30 mlb, and Cron does not appear. It's low risk for everyone involved.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:52 AM, 97marlin said:

Oh, I never posted this idea. It's Brilliant!!!! If the team did this I would be happy. They won't but IF they did!

So, here is the idea. 

Marlins get Kevin Cron and Domingo Leyba

Daimondbacks get Jose Urena

Diamondbacks immediately get better, Marlins get new bats.

I would do that in a heartbeat. 

6 hours ago, 97marlin said:

You guys are missing the beauty of this trade. The Daimondbacks need more pitchers. Urena, as much as we dislike him, has major league pitches. It's basically trading problems.

As much as we hate urena he is better than there fifth starter right now, and arguably better than there number 4. In exchange they give up 2 low upside, high performing bats. Both infielders. One of which is young. 

Both teams immidiatley get better. The Marlins open up a rotation spot that we can play with using minor league talent. And add triple A bats that can be brought up.

As I previously stated Urena, not good, but is better than some of the pitchers they are sending out. And they are giving up essentially nothing for him. Neither player is really considered a prospect. Leyba is 24 on daimondbacks top 30 mlb, and Cron does not appear. It's low risk for everyone involved.

I'm not missing the "beauty" of the trade. I'm just saying I don't really see them giving up anything for Urena.  The Dbacks have the money to go out and sign Keuchel if they wanted to be more competitive (sometimes people forget he's available still) and he's far better than Urena.

1 hour ago, hovertical said:

I'm not missing the "beauty" of the trade. I'm just saying I don't really see them giving up anything for Urena.  The Dbacks have the money to go out and sign Keuchel if they wanted to be more competitive (sometimes people forget he's available still) and he's far better than Urena.

oh yeah...that is an option isn't it? but then the marlins wouldn't get Leyba, and Cron.... I think they would still prefer to give them up and then pay for Keuchel

How this team to have a GOOD lineup ASAP ?

Go back in time, keep Yelich and either Ozuna, Realmuto or Dietrich (latter if you want to be cheap)

3 minutes ago, Marlino said:

Go back in time, keep Yelich and either Ozuna, Realmuto or Dietrich (latter if you want to be cheap)

And they'd still likely lose 85+ games, wouldn't be a winning team. More wins, but not competitive. That wouldn't be a good lineup just having Yelich plus one of those. Better, not good.

If Yelich and Realmuto were kept, then people would say "should have kept Stanton, Ozuna, and Dee. Team would have been watchable, at least."

Keep all of them, "they need to dismantle the team, they're not winning."

WOO!

• Like 1

I specifically remember being so frustrated at this team in May/June/July of 2017 and I remember thinking that I was ready for the incoming new ownership to come in and blow it up and start over... I wanna go back to that time period because I have a strong feeling that I wasn't the only one thinking the same thing and posting it here.

It's amazing how many actual Marlins fans forget what a disappointment those Marlins teams were.