Sign in to follow this  
taiwanmarlin

How this team to have a GOOD lineup ASAP ?

34 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I specifically remember being so frustrated at this team in May/June/July of 2017 and I remember thinking that I was ready for the incoming new ownership to come in and blow it up and start over... I wanna go back to that time period because I have a strong feeling that I wasn't the only one thinking the same thing and posting it here.

It's amazing how many actual Marlins fans forget what a disappointment those Marlins teams were. 

BUT THEY'D HAVE BEEN WATCHABLE

• Like 1

I like that lineup. Except Prado at 3rd. Compare to now, the pitching still sucks and the offense is abysmal. Are the Marlins rebuilt yet? 2020 is next season.

58 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Guys, just imagine how many wins we would have with this lineup.. 

Screenshot_20190514-072458_Instagram.jpg

That team- Easily between 73 and 83 wins. Add One or two starting pitchers and we could have a real chance at a Division Title.

Wait...

Isn't that the 2015 Lineup?

I think if we were still with that group, we would have signed a SS or put Dee Gordon back there, moved Dietrich to 2B or Bench and had Brian Anderson Playing 3B by now. Prado (assuming he's in the same physical condition as now) will play the utility infield role.

Loria would have traded JT Riddle, and Drew Steckendeckerriderdafur for Hansel Robles too.

14 hours ago, Michael said:

If Yelich and Realmuto were kept, then people would say "should have kept Stanton, Ozuna, and Dee. Team would have been watchable, at least."

Keep all of them, "they need to dismantle the team, they're not winning."

WOO!

I had no problem with the Ozuna and Dee trades, and understood the Stanton one.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

I had no problem with the Ozuna and Dee trades, and understood the Stanton one.

Same

7 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Same

The Yelich one stung/stings though, as it felt so rushed at the time - "we're in trade mode, let's trade him too".  And Realmuto was just a matter of when once Yelich left.

I still would've kept those two and built around them with the pitching we acquired, or waited for a massive Yelich overpay should it come along.

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

or waited for a massive Yelich overpay should it come along.

I think this is the one I wanted more considering the circumstances. I said at the time that hitting big on the Yelich trade actually helps us get through the rebuild quicker. That hasn't happened.

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I think this is the one I wanted more considering the circumstances. I said at the time that hitting big on the Yelich trade actually helps us get through the rebuild quicker. That hasn't happened.

Oh I agree with that mentality.  It still would've hurt (especially in hindsight with how he's performed), but if we got a consensus mega package back, it makes you feel better, and yes, it could catapult the team farther faster.  The package at the time was viewed as light, and looks worse now, though some of the non Brinson guys have done better this year.  He was/is on such a team friendly deal that you could've gotten a king's ransom for him and they didn't.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

He was/is on such a team friendly deal that you could've gotten a king's ransom for him and they didn't.

They clearly rushed it. The handling of the Realmuto trade proves to me that they learned from the Yelich mistake and essentially no one has complained about the return for JT.