Joe Frisaro Retiring

Michael

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

Hell of a run, I wonder who our new MLB reporter will be

Maybe I should submit my one article in the last six years and see if they'll let me do it.

In all honesty it may be Christina de Nicola. She's pretty good. Already covers just about any team that comes through Miami so why not?

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Maybe I should submit my one article in the last six years and see if they'll let me do it.

In all honesty it may be Christina de Nicola. She's pretty good. Already covers just about any team that comes through Miami so why not?

She has my vote and I know Joe is a fan of her work so if he gets to give a recommendation, it is likely her.

I’ve been reading Joe Frisaro since I starting reading the Marlin’s MLB website back in 2003..

And while I don’t read his articles as much as I did in past years, he was still a big part of my experience of being a Marlins fan, especially when I was still growing up. I’ll miss seeing his articles on Marlins.com.

Hopefully he’ll start a small blog or keep active on Twitter. I would definitely still read his work, from time to time.

Thanks for the years and the all the hard work, Joe. You may have not been everyone’s favorite beat writer over the years, but definitely one of the most consistent ones!

If you eventually decide to continue writing for another website/blog or on another platform, I’ll definitely stop by for a read!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 12:10 PM, Iowa said:

What happened to him?

He ran off into the vast unknown of the interwebs.....

But I choose to believe he had to divest himself of the website while chasing his career aspirations and took a step back afterwards. I see his byline from time to time. He's around, just not around here.

He's too good for us pond scum. He's a big fish now. He's Gary Sheffield, and were all just John Koronka, Russ Morman, Ron Mahay, Colin Rea, Anthony Friese and John Johnstone.

• Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.