Phils near deal with Dombrowski

Is he really the best choice though?

I guess it depends if they want a quick fix just to get a few playoff appearances in the short term or if they want sometime more sustainable. 

And knowing the Phillies and their fanbase I'm pretty sure I know the answer. 

This seemed like a random out of nowhere thing.  I thought he was content being part of the Nashville group?  He declined to interview for the Angels job earlier in the offseason, but then goes to the Phillies?  I guess maybe it being on the east coast could help?

What's Dave going to do without prospects to trade away?  lol

• Banana 1

A lot of people wondering if this now means Realmuto can actually come back to the Phillies but I had a thought... while he is definitely looking for a big payday, Realmuto does want to win, it's not just about the money for him... so can you imagine if the Phillies go ahead and extend Realmuto a huge contract and he still chooses to go elsewhere? What a statement that would make. I'm just saying the organization is a bit messy right now and there's no guarantee they can get over the hump anytime soon... Realmuto might not even want their money, assuming he has other big offers of course.

• Like 1