"Cleveland Baseball Team"

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think we've had one for a solid nine months now. The whole world has.

Apparently not, if we're still renaming teams because it may hurt someone's feelings.

If seeing the name Cleveland Indians up on a billboard affects your child's self esteem, you need to do a better job of raising that child to be a functioning adult. Everything is taken much too personally, and everyone is much too frail nowadays.

There are places in the world where people worry about what they're going to eat today, or if they'll be killed in some sort of explosion or act of war.... But we here are worrying about the Cleveland Indians... Oh, and having to wear a mask for a little.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Entendu said:

Apparently not, if we're still renaming teams because it may hurt someone's feelings.

If seeing the name Cleveland Indians up on a billboard affects your child's self esteem, you need to do a better job of raising that child to be a functioning adult. Everything is taken much too personally, and everyone is much too frail nowadays.

There are places in the world where people worry about what they're going to eat today, or if they'll be killed in some sort of explosion or act of war.... But we here are worrying about the Cleveland Indians... Oh, and having to wear a mask for a little.

As stated early in the thread, it comes down to the group in question who is effected by the name. Only their opinion is what's necessary here and if they are offended (and they are), then it goes. The team has agreed to it, and it's time to move forward. 😁

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Michael said:

As stated early in the thread, it comes down to the group in question who is effected by the name. Only their opinion is what's necessary here and if they are offended (and they are), then it goes. The team has agreed to it, and it's time to move forward. 😁

So what if I'm offended by their offense? What if the Cleveland Indians are part of my culture and I'm concerned that it's being sanitized for a reason I don't think is valid? 

In all fairness, this is minor when you consider what this mentality is doing to the world, so I'm not too worked up over this particular issue. Things like these seem to move like a pendulum, so I'm eagerly awaiting things to swing back in the other direction... Because it'll probably swing back pretty hard.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Entendu said:

So what if I'm offended by their offense? What if the Cleveland Indians are part of my culture and I'm concerned that it's being sanitized for a reason I don't think is valid? 

Then that'd be pretty crappy of ya. 😁