TV Deal: The Stalemate Continues (Journalists Have No Timetable on Signing)

Mike Ozanian, one of the top media deal journalists, hasn’t heard a word on our TV Deal lately.

This might mean that a serious development will happen shortly with Spring Training only 60 Days Away.

Since no one knows what is going on: Could be a sign of Marlins going DTC (Direct-to-Consumer) or switching media partners I’ll report on it:

”Guns are drawn, neither side is blinkin’, and the whole Saloon is watching. Ladies and gentlemen, we’re in a Western Standoff.”

• 2 weeks later...

I know this TV stuff is getting ugly. With hockey season starting there’s really only one streaming service that carries local sports. People are getting tired of this shit and having to switch or pay more just to watch one thing. These “woe is me”statements from each side arguing about money is not getting any sympathy from anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Interesting that they only now are looking into other options.

Have been for months is what I read, but, eh.

Marlins Baseball, brought to you by Amazon Prime Video!

• Like 1

I'm predicting that at the last minute Marlins will sign a one year deal with Fox Sports Florida to broadcast the 2021 season, and 12 months from now it will be pretty much the same situation as right now.. trying to get a new deal for 2022..

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I hope they end up streaming the games on Twitch so people can spam the emotes all game long

I hope not cause people will want to chat there and not here 😞

• Like 1
Just now, SonOfJack said:

If you add some more fun emotes, they’d have no reason to. It’s all about the emotes.

Good idea, we'll think about that.

marlinHype

The Marlins should start their own TV network.

There are ~8.5 Million TV Households in Marlins Territory

8.5 Million x $1.70 per household (could charge up to $2.35) = $173.4 Million per year

$16.2 Million to produce each game. ($100,000 per game)

$30 Million for purchasing other programming (INTER MIAMI), and hiring on and off air talent.

After expenses the Marlins would walk out with ~$100-120 Million in profit per year.

Plus the Marlins would have a 100% equity stake in the network which is worth at least $300 Million

This is getting to be a no-brainer.

Bye Sinclair.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MarlinsFan19 said:

The Marlins should start their own TV network.

There are ~8.5 Million TV Households in Marlins Territory

8.5 Million x $1.70 per household (could charge up to $2.35) = $173.4 Million per year

$16.2 Million to produce each game. ($100,000 per game)

$30 Million for purchasing other programming (INTER MIAMI), and hiring on and off air talent.

After expenses the Marlins would walk out with ~$100-120 Million in profit per year.

Plus the Marlins would have a 100% equity stake in the network which is worth at least $300 Million

This is getting to be a no-brainer.

Bye Sinclair.

How'd ya get these figures, out of curiosity?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Michael said:

How'd ya get these figures, out of curiosity?

FS Florida and Sun get $6-7 per subscriber. 

$1.70-$2.35 is a safe estimate per sub, especially if they can get Inter Miami CF on board.

Right now the Marlins have 0% equity in FS Florida/Sun.

On 1/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, SirFishFan said:

I'm predicting that at the last minute Marlins will sign a one year deal with Fox Sports Florida to broadcast the 2021 season, and 12 months from now it will be pretty much the same situation as right now.. trying to get a new deal for 2022..

Kinda like the gov't budget.