TV Deal: The Stalemate Continues (Journalists Have No Timetable on Signing)

MarlinsFan19

On 3/16/2021 at 6:55 AM, marlinsmaniac said:

My expectations are pretty low for this deal. I hope I’m way off and they signed something crazy like a 20 year deal for $75M-$80M per season, but I wouldn’t doubt it’s 1-2 years at $40-$50...T.V. In general is in a very weird place.

Considering what other teams get, if they aren't getting at least $70 million per season on a long term deal then they will be in trouble. Hopefully, the Marlins were smart about this. 

Now its time for Sinclair to be smart and bring Rich and Tommy back. That would be an immediate rating spike. 

I cant handle another season of Hollandsworth.

Edited by canada-marlin24

2 minutes ago, canada-marlin24 said:

Considering what other teams get, if they aren't getting at least $70 million per season on a long term deal then they will be in trouble. Hopefully, the Marlins were smart about this. 

Now its time for Sinclair to be smart and bring Rich and Tommy back. That would be an immediate rating spike. 

I cant handle another season of Hollandsworth.

Severino's not bad, of course I'd much prefer Rich and Tommy, but if they just booted Todd, we'd be fine.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Severino's not bad, of course I'd much prefer Rich and Tommy, but if they just booted Todd, we'd be fine.

I've come around on Severino.  Still prefer Rich and Tommy, but Severino is ok and has gotten better with time and I think has become more like a hometown guy (when he started, he seemed more like the national guy covering a local team, which he was).  Holly hasn't gotten any better, to my point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I've come around on Severino.  Still prefer Rich and Tommy, but Severino is ok and has gotten better with time and I think has become more like a hometown guy (when he started, he seemed more like the national guy covering a local team, which he was).  Holly hasn't gotten any better, to my point.

I love Severino, and his call of the double play in NY still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Here, watch it again!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I love Severino, and his call of the double play in NY still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Here, watch it again!

Who cares about this? Jeter got rid of the fish tanks, he's the worst thing to ever happen to this team!

37 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Severino is very good.  Anyone advocating for his ouster are just fucking haters.

Marlins are lucky to have him.

It's more that everyone liked who we already had, not necessarily anything against Severino.

Holly on the other hand...

On 3/17/2021 at 6:00 PM, fauowls44 said:

Barry Jackson

@flasportsbuzz

·

4h

Good news: There will be TV for at least 1 Marlins spring game, next Monday against Cards at 1 p.m. on Fox Sports Florida (featuring Marlins & Cardinals announcers). All or nearly all regular season games will continue to be televised in Marlins new TV deal, to be finalized soon.

This is fucking embarrassing, one fucking pathetic game and piggy backing off the Red Rats with Wings. Rays have done a few full games and I'm sure we have a bigger TV ratings 

1 hour ago, el_gmac said:

This is fucking embarrassing, one fucking pathetic game and piggy backing off the Red Rats with Wings. Rays have done a few full games and I'm sure we have a bigger TV ratings 

I believe the Rays have better TV ratings than we do.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Ruh roh

“Disappointing” could mean anything.  I’m sure they didn’t get the $80 million they wanted, but at the same time, Sherman did indicate it was more than double the old deal.  My guess is somewhere in the $45-50 million range, which is still a big improvement.  It’ll be interesting to see how long a deal this is.

The real question is whether or not they did better than the deal Samson negotiated before the sale.  I think the story is that Samson had a deal for around $50 million a year and he told Jeter he could either accept it for them or let them negotiate their own deal, which they obviously chose to do.  I guess we will find out if that was a smart move.

Edited by fauowls44

5 hours ago, fauowls44 said:

“Disappointing” could mean anything.  I’m sure they didn’t get the $80 million they wanted, but at the same time, Sherman did indicate it was more than double the old deal.  My guess is somewhere in the $45-50 million range, which is still a big improvement.  It’ll be interesting to see how long a deal this is.

The real question is whether or not they did better than the deal Samson negotiated before the sale.  I think the story is that Samson had a deal for around $50 million a year and he told Jeter he could either accept it for them or let them negotiate their own deal, which they obviously chose to do.  I guess we will find out if that was a smart move.

Also consider the source - Samson - who knows if the deal they'd arranged actually was $50M a year.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Also consider the source - Samson - who knows if the deal they'd arranged actually was $50M a year.

Yeah, I'm thinking $50M may have been the biggest number he could pull out of thin air.

Again, the guy recently said he was pleased with the Marlins farm system being ranked "37th or so." There are only 30 MLB teams.

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2021 at 12:32 PM, rmc523 said:

I mean, Honestly while I liked Tommy and Rich, of the two Tommy in my pov was significantly more enjoyable.  A booth of Tommy and Severino might be really good depending if they can build chemistry together.

@CraigMish

Sources indicate the Marlins new multi-year TV deal is more than doubles their previous one annually from a financial perspective. Substantially more than double. In addition the deal is more than 5 years in length.

9:49 AM · Mar 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

• Like 1

Just now, fauowls44 said:

@CraigMish

Sources indicate the Marlins new multi-year TV deal is more than doubles their previous one annually from a financial perspective. Substantially more than double. In addition the deal is more than 5 years in length.

9:49 AM · Mar 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

So what's disappointing about that?