Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Deadspin: Jeter sucks at being Marlins owner

Just now, SilverBullet said:

I'm proud of you man, you seem to have stopped spilling all that milk. 

I may have run out of milk images, I didn't think it'd happen but a lot of milk was spilled.

15 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Only serial killers wear socks with flip flops

scared homer simpson GIF

• Laugh 1

4 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

He also was passed over by all 30 teams at the price Miami would have had to pay for his services. 

I'm glad we saved a couple million so we could watch this offense.

• Laugh 1

They're clearly tanking. Getting the first or second pick in the 2020 draft is clearly the goal. Once you accept that you'll have no problem realizing why this team sucks and why they didn't keep guys like Straily and Dietrich and Bour etc etc. They never wanted this team to be very good. If this is part of the plan then fine, let's do it and do it right. Picking first can be a world of difference from picking 6th or 7th... Let's do it, #1 draft pick here we come.

• Like 1

Dietrich should land himself a nice deal from an AL team as a DH if he keeps this up. He's a free agent after 2020. Wish him the best, seems like a good dude.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Dietrich should land himself a nice deal from an AL team as a DH if he keeps this up. He's a free agent after 2020. Wish him the best, seems like a good dude.

This.  Dietrich wouldn't have meant the difference from #1, but he'd have made things more watchable, and could've been trade bait.

Oh well.

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

he'd have made things more watchable

But why does this matter when they're tanking for number 1 pick though? That's the thing we have to accept. Being "watchable" is irrelevant. They're trying to get the #1 pick.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

But why does this matter when they're tanking for number 1 pick though? That's the thing we have to accept. Being "watchable" is irrelevant. They're trying to get the #1 pick.

Agreed.

Also explains why Chen remains on the roster!

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Because they have a fanbase to consider too.  The people that pay the bills.  I get tanking for #1..........nevermind it's not worth discussing.

9 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Agreed.

Also explains why Chen remains on the roster!

It actually makes Chen staying on the roster even more "understandable." Wins are not important so at least see make the attempt to get something out of his salary.