Sign in to follow this  
SilverBullet

Deadspin: Jeter sucks at being Marlins owner

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

People don't look to the "path of getting good", and certainly don't see that path when we're worse than the year before (thus far, of course).

It's been mentioned here several times. The astros lost 106, 107, 111, in 2011, 2012, 1213 before they "improved" to 92 losses in 2014. We are seeing it with the padres who have been bad forever. they are finally looking good. It will be another year or two after this year till we have the pieces. Devers is 2 years away. Our pitching is 1 year away. We don't have the tools in the minors right now all together to be good yet

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

It's been mentioned here several times. The astros lost 106, 107, 111, in 2011, 2012, 1213 before they "improved" to 92 losses in 2014. We are seeing it with the padres who have been bad forever. they are finally looking good. It will be another year or two after this year till we have the pieces. Devers is 2 years away. Our pitching is 1 year away. We don't have the tools in the minors right now all together to be good yet

We getting a new GM?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 97marlin said:

I'm not talking about people here who follow the team.  To the casual "fan", they just see continued losing.

Just now, rmc523 said:

I'm not talking about people here who follow the team.  To the casual "fan", they just see continued losing.

I watch the team, you're the only one that follows them.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I watch the team, you're the only one that follows them.

We each have our part to play!

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

People don't look to the "path of getting good", and certainly don't see that path when we're worse than the year before (thus far, of course).

It would be nice if they did. At least understand why the Marlins are trying this method. They're not doing this because they actually want to lose. This is, hopefully, the means to an end. 

At least the Astros and Cubs are there as an example to point to if people would pay attention. When my Astros did it there wasn't much to show the fans but at least the Marlins have those two teams. Whether casual fans agree with the plan or not at the very least they should know what is happening. 

Just now, SilverBullet said:

It would be nice if they did. At least understand why the Marlins are trying this method. They're not doing this because they actually want to lose. This is, hopefully, the means to an end. 

Um wake up, Jeter wants to lose remember. He is doing this on purpose to force relocation.

• Like 1

Just now, SonOfJack said:

lol @SilverBullet's new avatar.

Laugh all you want. My Astros know how to rebuild and you guys can only hope the Marlins do the same.

Go 'Stros! 

• Laugh 1