bmg42

Shutout record

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

It's not wasting ABs if the younger guys aren't ready for the majors yet. Can't rush the young hitters either. 

how about putting some guys who are older prospects that aren't really projected to be anything other than life long minor leaguers?  There surely have to be some guys like that floating around out there?  See if anyone really seizes that opportunity.  Nobody is going to want to trade for Granderson, Walker, etc.  They literally aren't going to be any worse.

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Well I can't imagine next year's position players are all the same as this years. How much of this stat counts on Castro Granderson Walker Prado and maybe Rojas? I think people forget how much of this starting lineup is transitional and on the way out. 

So they might as well start the transition and oh wait...

They really dont have many infield prospects do they?  They really better hope Diaz ends up being major league quality or its going to be a long wait for infield type prospects. aka get used to this level of trash in the infield.  

41 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

It's not wasting ABs if the younger guys aren't ready for the majors yet. Can't rush the young hitters either. 

Shockeningly I agree with you on this.

Coupled with the Marlins dont really have any legit prospects that are really considered 'ready' at this point anyway.

Harrison needs at least another month or two in AAA before you even consider him honestly.  The rest, who honestly gives a fuck?

Just now, Das Texan said:

Shockeningly I agree with you on this.

Woah. *checks for flying pigs*

35 minutes ago, hovertical said:

how about putting some guys who are older prospects that aren't really projected to be anything other than life long minor leaguers?  There surely have to be some guys like that floating around out there?  See if anyone really seizes that opportunity.  Nobody is going to want to trade for Granderson, Walker, etc.  They literally aren't going to be any worse.

That would work. 

But you know what's funny about this... how many people bitch and moan in the offseason about the Marlins not having any "major leaguers" and then they pick up MLB veterans Granderson and Walker to go along with Prado and Castro and they suck tremendously... now if the Marlins had said from day one that they weren't gonna have any MLB veterans and just went with a lineup of young guys and minor leaguers people would bitch even though this team is showing that that couldn't be any worse than what they are actually doing.

1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

So they might as well start the transition

I agree though it's only May, if they haven't started the transition by August then its a problem but then yes as you said outside of Harrison who might not truly be ready yet there's isn't anyone to really transition to yet. 

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I agree though it's only May, if they haven't started the transition by August then its a problem but then yes as you said outside of Harrison who might not truly be ready yet there's isn't anyone to really transition to yet. 

Even if they start in August, aside from Harrison, who really gives a fuck?

Maybe Diaz if he can stop hitting in the low .200s?  

Aside from those two.... who really cares?

At least Walker can hopefully get them a marginal prospect or a lotto ticket (that really needs to be of the infield variety)

7 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Woah. *checks for flying pigs*

I was having medical tests today done.  I'm feeling nice.  😆

I don’t know how many of you were around for the 1998-1999 rebuild. Those teams were pretty abysmal also. 98 we didn’t have any pitcher other than livan that showed much promise. Dempster ended up having a solid career too. This year’s rotation has enough promise. More than the 98-99 teams did. That rebuild didn’t start looking better until Beckett and penny came up later. Derek lee had a bad first year too. 

• Like 1