MLB The Show 21

SonOfJack

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

So how good is The Show 21? I know The Show is always good and is vastly underrated but I'm more asking in relation to previous versions, is it as good as always or have their been better years? Any big faults?

Gameplay is improved.

Franchise is worse. Trade logic worst it has ever been.

Content is really good.

Servers are not, yet, but improving.

Created Ballparks are admittedly really really fun but everyone online sets theirs to maximum elevation.

I haven't done any diving into Ballplayer/Road to the Show yet but I should soon probably.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael said:

And the coach casually tossing the ball into the dugout while the pitcher lay motionless. 😂😂

🤣🤣 That made me actually laugh out loud at the end.

I'm knee deep in franchise and I LOVE it. Only negatives I found were the trade logic (which lets me fleece teams but I'm not too mad about it) and the changing of player numbers once new players join the team. I had 5 players change numbers when my two new players joined when they didn't even have any current player numbers. Weird

I'm the Pirates and I made this trade:

Cespedes (picked him up as a FA. Was decent for me but he didn't fit my team. I need more speed and contact)
Kevin Newman
Some low level minor leaguer in the low/mid 60s overall

for

Rougned Odor
Jasson Dominguez

Yup lol

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I wish they'd optionally let you update the roster in an already active franchise. I hate having to start from fresh when a cool new roster hits the vault.

I can imagine that it's because it would screw up all 30 rosters but I've always thought that they could start with letting you update just your team's specific roster and have a way to ask you which screw ups it would fix. 

Not sure if that makes sense but if you're the Marlins and you want to only update their roster that should be easier than updating all 30 teams and then whatever roster issues may arise, the game should then prompt you, tell you what the issue is, and then you can choose how to correct it.

• Like 2

How about letting us edit players then in-season? As far as I know, you can't edit players inside franchise mode while in a season. You may be able to after the season ends, though I haven't been able to try that yet.

8 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

How about letting us edit players then in-season? As far as I know, you can't edit players inside franchise mode while in a season. You may be able to after the season ends, though I haven't been able to try that yet.

I didn't get this year's game but this has always been possible in the past. 

12 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Well I may be missing it then cause I couldn't find a way to do it while in-season.

There's no edit player in the roster control section? Pretty sure there was Roster Control then u select a player and it said edit player.

Just now, AeroFishOne said:

Anybody else see this bullshit?

Got promoted to MLB in second season. Marlins have traded everyone and most major prospects except Cooper,Dickerson, Alfaro and Sandy. Only notable names on the roster are Anthony Santander

I'm in AAA for them currently but I noticed the names in the organization are totally different. Seems to be normal that the GM goes wild in RTTS.

9 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I'm in AAA for them currently but I noticed the names in the organization are totally different. Seems to be normal that the GM goes wild in RTTS.

I notice a lot of games do this. Half of the allure of doing be a pro is playing with a lot of the same guys on the team. A full gut with a bunch of generic faces just ruins the immersion

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 6:48 AM, SonOfJack said:

I created myself and messed up on certain things so I went in to edit him during the franchise. I couldn't find anything either