Jump to content

MLB The Show 21


SonOfJack
 Share

Recommended Posts


YouTube is your friend, guys. ❤️ 

 

Also when you pick a pitch, watch the ENTIRE animation required before throwing the pitch. After it goes through the main line of motion, watch what it does after that. Might take a couple seconds. But watch where it goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, SonOfJack said:

the PS5 enhancements are great

I've only seen a couple of YouTube videos but I see no noticeable difference in the ps5 player models compared to past games. Am I wrong? I dunno, I think I was expecting a bigger jump in visuals once they got to next gen especially since player models on the ps4 had been pretty stagnant for years now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I've only seen a couple of YouTube videos but I see no noticeable difference in the ps5 player models compared to past games. Am I wrong? I dunno, I think I was expecting a bigger jump in visuals once they got to next gen especially since player models on the ps4 had been pretty stagnant for years now.

Graphics wise it’s not much different. The enhancements for me are in the controller. It is immersive. The dual sense controller for ps5 is utilized well by some games, the show is one of them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone said you can only have one RTTS save. I started it before I created my player and went back after going through the initial draft thing and just pushed buttons to speed the thing up because I knew I was going to delete it. When I created my player and went back in I was in the locker room with the new player but everything else was already done. I can’t figure out how to restart it. Anyone know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

Someone said you can only have one RTTS save. I started it before I created my player and went back after going through the initial draft thing and just pushed buttons to speed the thing up because I knew I was going to delete it. When I created my player and went back in I was in the locker room with the new player but everything else was already done. I can’t figure out how to restart it. Anyone know

You need to go into File Management and delete the save file for RTTS I believe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even though The Show is always adding things to make this game more beginner friendly I feel like this game, and most major games in general, are wayyyyy too targeted to hardcore gamers. Not enough easy pick up and play stuff for kids and casual gamers.  It's crazy how this doesn't seem to be of concern to the gaming industry.

Two years ago when I did a deep dive into Diamond Dynasty I was playing pretty much every day for a good chunk of time and my son noticed and wanted to give DD a try because he saw how much fun I was having and how invested I was in it. But he picks up the controller and starts his own DD team and good luck getting this ten year old kid to figure this mode out without some serious training. How do you explain the marketplace to a kid, and then all the different modes and ways to play and all the programs and daily things you have to do. It felt like I was training someone who was about to embark on a high paying career instead of just being able to allow a kid to play a video game. You shouldn't need adults to train you on how to play a video game. And Micheal said above that "Youtube is your friend"... yes I learned a ton about DD from YouTube videos like I was doing research but why does that need to be the way to go? My kid isn't gonna embark on a journey through YouTube to have to play this video game. Needless to say the kid gave it up within a few days and went back to his mindless battle royale games that he could just talk trash with his friends on... that's not good for the future of video games unless gaming has completely given up on kids and casual gamers and is now solely focused on milking money out of hardcore gamers who are gonna spend money on this stuff almost no matter what. 

This is all kinda sad if you think about it.

I learned so much about baseball, football, basketball, and hockey as a kid because I picked up popular video games and was able to easily immerse myself in them and through that I learned the teams, the players, and the rules of all four of those sports. If my dad had to sit me down and train me how to play Madden and World Series Baseball it would have never happened. Not many kids are gonna get into baseball because of MLB The Show even though it is a phenomenal video game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

As a frequent player of those, I take offense to this statement but also agree with it.

I used it as an insult but it really isn't. Video games can be a form of easy, "mindless" entertainment and we sure do need that at times so there is a place for those games. Maybe that's my problem, that there aren't enough easy mindless games out there? Or, no, more like I wish the really deep video games were as easy to play as the mindless ones, though I know that doesn't even make much sense, it's contradictory. I dunno, sometimes it feels like people have to work harder at their gaming then at their actual jobs. And while yes there's a place for that and yes those games can be so great I'm just bothered that those games shut out a large part of the gaming consumers. It's a weird conundrum... I'm also definitely not asking The Show to get dumbed down either, I personally love the game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2021 at 12:07 PM, SilverBullet said:

I used it as an insult but it really isn't. Video games can be a form of easy, "mindless" entertainment and we sure do need that at times so there is a place for those games. Maybe that's my problem, that there aren't enough easy mindless games out there? Or, no, more like I wish the really deep video games were as easy to play as the mindless ones, though I know that doesn't even make much sense, it's contradictory. I dunno, sometimes it feels like people have to work harder at their gaming then at their actual jobs. And while yes there's a place for that and yes those games can be so great I'm just bothered that those games shut out a large part of the gaming consumers. It's a weird conundrum... I'm also definitely not asking The Show to get dumbed down either, I personally love the game.

I think it seems like companies are making games more difficult in some respects in order to get you to pay to skip those steps.  For instance, if a game has a campaign that you need to progress through steps 1-100 to get the final reward, but you miss a few things along the way, you could spend all that time and still have to pay something to get the reward.  Or you could just pay and skip all or half the steps.

 

They all definitely try to milk money out of you.  Some more than others.

 

There's also a line between making a game immersive/detailed and complicated that I feel must be hard to straddle.

Edited by rmc523
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Game is fun and there are bugs or server issues with every game, it will be fine.

Yeah, I feel like the first month is also a bit of a hair-pulling experience. Hopefully they'll iron out the bugs, but now their supporting essentially 4 gaming systems. So we might have to live with it for awhile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...