Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Ken Rosenthal reports Marlins tidbits

15 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

The Astros did what the Marlins SHOULD have done when new ownership came into the picture

Yes I said this. Thanks for your contribution to the thread anyways. 

1 hour ago, UltimaKilo said:

In that respect, Marlins should take a page from the Panthers and Dale Tallon.

I'm not familiar with these books, but why do the Marlins have to rip pages out of them? Can't they just read them instead of destroying the books?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

For those of us who think it'll be Posada, there won't need to be a search committee. I feel pretty strongly he will get the gig if he wants it. So in that regard, giving him extra time to work with the roster on a lost season makes sense to me. Why wait with a rookie manager? Get him as much experience now as possible.

Of course all of that is moot, if it isn't Posada.

Posada is a good guy, but has no coaching experience. Mattingly is far better at this point. If Jeter has a thing for Girardi, fine, but this team needs some stability and trying out Posada is not the way to go, IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

2NaYim.png

Man, Ren Kosenthal sure had an angry side in 2015.

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

My Astros didn't change their GM a couple of years into their rebuild is my point. The guy who started the process was able to complete the process.

I love you Silver but you have to be shitting me with this Astro's thing!  Are you the new Das Texan?  I hope this is just for shits and giggles.  If not, you were one of the biggest proponents of this rebuild.  You went out of your way to defend everything Jeter and now you'll be back when the rebuild is complete?  I have a lot of respect for your opinions even when they differ from mine.  Please tell me this is a joke my friend.

36 minutes ago, Rydawg said:

I love you Silver but you have to be shitting me with this Astro's thing!  Are you the new Das Texan?  I hope this is just for shits and giggles.  If not, you were one of the biggest proponents of this rebuild.  You went out of your way to defend everything Jeter and now you'll be back when the rebuild is complete?  I have a lot of respect for your opinions even when they differ from mine.  Please tell me this is a joke my friend.

I've been told that I blindly support Jeter, that I'm the negativity police, that I'm a fake fan, and that I refuse to admit how inept this ownership is... might as well give up my optimism because the team is tanking and the rebuild has failed. Why not follow a great team in the meantime? 

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I've been told that I blindly support Jeter, that I'm the negativity police, that I'm a fake fan, and that I refuse to admit how inept this ownership is... might as well give up my optimism because the team is tanking and the rebuild has failed. Why not follow a great team in the meantime? 

Just say #FuckEverybody #MarlinsLifer

Who cares what they say?  I'm no Jeter fan to be sure but it's way too early to judge this rebuild. 

Our pitching staff in the majors has alot of quality arms.  They might not all pan out but our pitching depth in the minors is legit too.  Look at then staff in Jupiter.  Some serious arms there.  Gallen is looking great in AAA and Neidert is hurt but had a great season in 18 at AA.  The Jax team has Sixto and Guzman. Even the Clinton team has a couple of live arms in Mejia, Vallimont and Soriano.

Hitting is way behind but Harrison, Diaz, Brinson, Mesa, Encanacion, Scott, Banfield and  Devers all have the tools to develop.  I'm sure I left a couple out.

FO is now spending on IFA which is huge.  Just have to see how they draft next month and which IFA they sign in July.

There's lots to be excited about.  You've come this far.  Don't let  what "they" say get you.

#FuckThey #FuckTheDoubters #JustFuck 

18 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

My Astros didn't change their GM a couple of years into their rebuild is my point. The guy who started the process was able to complete the process.

IIRC, the guy that facilitated the rebuild also wasn’t responsible for making irrational decisions that deemed a rebuild necessary. 

Two completely different situations as I mentioned, Mike Hill is likely a muppet. If you replace a muppet with a new muppet, the actual decision making process doesn’t change. 

22 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Rosenthal said it, because they don't want to pay two managers at once. I know what you're saying but that may really be the sole reason. Also, has Mattingly really done that poorly considering the team he has? He hasn't really given a definitive reason to be fired and if he's still keeping the clubhouse together than he might be doing as well as he possibly can at this point.

As for Mike Hill, I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go but at the same time it would be weirder with each passing day. How do you let a GM go two seasons into a rebuild and then replace him? If they were gonna dump Hill they should have done it on day one so the new GM can help develop the rebuild in his way. Like what if a new guy comes in and doesn't like what he sees and wants to shake things up in a way that clashes with what has already been put together? It's counter productive and could even set us back yet again. Just something to think about.

I agree.  I said from the beginning they should've canned Hill at minimum in the GM role - if they wanted to keep him on as a guy that knew the system, fine, but they should've brought in another GM.  I guess Hill successfully argued that his hands were tied under Loria.