Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Ken Rosenthal reports Marlins tidbits

22 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I've been told that I blindly support Jeter, that I'm the negativity police, that I'm a fake fan, and that I refuse to admit how inept this ownership is... might as well give up my optimism because the team is tanking and the rebuild has failed. Why not follow a great team in the meantime? 

sounds like BS same excuses Michael Hill says about the team 

12 minutes ago, el_gmac said:

sounds like BS same excuses Michael Hill says about the team 

I prefer his excuses to his decisions.

I'm having a hard time believing that even the media or casual fan would be upset with Michael Hill being fired. I can't think of a single positive trade he's done or a free agent signing that's worked out well for us in the last several years. Not a single person would come to his defense... honestly if they did I feel like it would be out of pity or to be like OK everyone relax he wasn't THAT bad. But yea, he truly was. Only excuse is that he is indeed a puppet, was before for Loria and Beinfest and continues to be now with Jeter / Denbo. I could see negative media/comments if we fired Mattingly though.

Also SilverBullet, I'm going to take that awful Astro's soup you concocted and make you butt chug it. Not diggin' the turncoat stuff. SAD. FAKE NEWS.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Leo said:

I can't think of a single positive trade he's done

Mike King for Garrett Cooper and Caleb Smith has looked good so far. Denbo had influence there I am sure, but he also had influence in all the deals since then.

Before anyone accuses me of defending Mike Hill, I am not. I think we need a new GM but he does not have a 100 percent failure rate.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Uncle Leo said:

Also SilverBullet, I'm going to take that awful Astro's soup you concocted and make you butt chug it. Not diggin' the turncoat stuff. SAD. FAKE NEWS.

I have not turned against the Marlins. 

37 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I think we need a new GM but he does not have a 100 percent failure rate.

I wonder where Hill would stand if "GM failure rate" was actually something that could be calculated. I mean we can think of every bad trade but really there are very few GMs who aren't full of bad trades along the way. One could easily argue that the majority of trades don't pan out even for "good" GMs. 

Also the David Phelps trade netted us Pablo Lopez, that deal was good.