Sign in to follow this  
rmc523

Ken Rosenthal reports Marlins tidbits

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Also the David Phelps trade netted us Pablo Lopez, that deal was good.

That trade deserves more credit. Selling off relievers like that is what they need to do better on.

While we are at it, the Ozuna deal may end up decent too. Sandy already has shown signs of being a good addition to the staff. Zac Gallen has been lighting up AAA and remains to be seen at the MLB level. Ozuna was gone after this season anyway.

• Like 1

As far as Rule 5 picks go. Elieser Hernandez is seeming like a decent one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

Mike King for Garrett Cooper and Caleb Smith has looked good so far.

38 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Also the David Phelps trade netted us Pablo Lopez, that deal was good.

12 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

While we are at it, the Ozuna deal may end up decent too. 

10 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

As far as Rule 5 picks go. Elieser Hernandez is seeming like a decent one.

HMgW7C2.gif

• Laugh 2

The Marlins need a new GM but it is disingenuous to say Hill (or any exec) has had only failures.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

The Marlins need a new GM but it is disingenuous to say Hill (or any exec) has had only failures.

WHY DO YOU LOVE MIKE HILL SO MUCH??? WHY DON'T YOU JUST MARRY HIM ALREADY???????

• Like 1

Fun Fact: The Miami Marlins actually do not have a GM. The position has been vacant since Dan Jennings became field manager. Mike Hill is President of Baseball Operations and has taken most of the GM responsibilities.

9 hours ago, Uncle Leo said:

I'm having a hard time believing that even the media or casual fan would be upset with Michael Hill being fired. I can't think of a single positive trade he's done or a free agent signing that's worked out well for us in the last several years. Not a single person would come to his defense... honestly if they did I feel like it would be out of pity or to be like OK everyone relax he wasn't THAT bad. But yea, he truly was. Only excuse is that he is indeed a puppet, was before for Loria and Beinfest and continues to be now with Jeter / Denbo. I could see negative media/comments if we fired Mattingly though.

I've only defended Hill in the sense that I would like to see how he does without the owner telling him exactly what to do or making the trades on his with less interference from above.

However, as you say, I wouldn't be upset if he was fired. Just curious to see him with the reins loosened a little.