Craig Mish Might Have Something (Adam Duvall Signs) (Also: Sauces)

FishFan95

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

The Marlins don't need to make any trades, roster depth is always nice... but they could look at that depth and see if it can be used to make improvements. But definitely not required.

I still wouldn't say no to a Contreras deal if we didn't have to give up any top prospects for him

2 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I still wouldn't say no to a Contreras deal if we didn't have to give up any top prospects for him

Oh for sure. I would love Contreras now to go with Duvall and it will be a sudden boost to this team, would be nice timing and would suddenly get us back in the conversation in our division. Would be a great statement for the Fish. Just saying it's not a necessity to make a trade in terms of having a crowded roster. Well, outside of needing to clear a 40 man spot so there's that too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Iowa said:

Ranch from a bottle..  lulz. You can get kicked out of Iowa for that comment

Lmao I agree there. I’ve never understood how no one can get bottled ranch to taste anywhere near a good housemade buttermilk ranch. It all tastes like the same plastic crap 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Remember when Ng said they were happy with the roster and Mish said the roster was finalized?

I can't believe how many people took that as being set in stone. It's never finalized. They're always looking for improvements and if it hasn't happened then yes they're happy with what they have to that point but that doesn't mean they're ever done.

It sounds like we are all very happy they made a move to improve the team.

2 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Oh for sure. I would love Contreras now to go with Duvall and it will be a sudden boost to this team, would be nice timing and would suddenly get us back in the conversation in our division. Would be a great statement for the Fish. Just saying it's not a necessity to make a trade in terms of having a crowded roster. Well, outside of needing to clear a 40 man spot so there's that too.

Did you see the pecota projections for the marlins? Last place and 68 wins. They seriously believe this is still basically a 100 loss team 🤦🏻‍♂️Then again they have the Braves in third place lol

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Banana 1

• SilverBullet changed the title to Craig Mish Might Have Something (Adam Duvall Signs) (Also: Sauces)
Just now, SilverBullet said:

Alfaro I just don't see as the stop-gap until our prospects are ready and I think we need an upgrade here.  Banfield is still 2-3 years away and that is assuming his bat figures out advanced pitching.  Arquimedes Cumana is intriguing but he is 20 and also a few years away.  I agree with you in that getting a Contreras-type catcher would make us more relevant in the NL East

17 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Did you see the pecota projections for the marlins? Last place and 68 wins. They seriously believe this is still basically a 100 loss team 🤦🏻‍♂️Then again they have the Braves in third place lol

Man. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

45 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I have a feeling that Dickerson will be traded to make space and put Duvall in LF, and Marlins will sign Puig for RF. 

😂

I wouldn't be surprised if our opening day OF was Marte-Sierra-Duvall

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Iowa said:

I wouldn't be surprised if our opening day OF was Marte-Sierra-Duvall

The lineup they put out early in 2020 had an awesome speed dynamic that made a lot of things happen on the bases. (Sierra, Villar, Alvarez, Berti). Obviously, I don't want Berti or Alvarez as starters on the team next season but if we can get some speed in there to go along with Jazz I'd be all for it. He isn't gonna slug much, but an infield single and a stolen base is as good as a double in my book.

Ranch sauce/dressing/slop is disgusting in any form and needs to be banished along with the monster who thought honey mustard was gross.  Seriously, I've never found someone who doesn't like honey mustard in some form. 

Polynesian sauce from CFA is bomb but so is their sriracha sauce which tastes like a slightly spicier version of their polynesian sauce.  I hate say it's spicier because saying sriracha just ain't spicy in general (more vinegary than anything) but ya'll get my drift. maybe. 

Does anyone remember when blue cheese was spelled bleu cheese?

51 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

The lineup they put out early in 2020 had an awesome speed dynamic that made a lot of things happen on the bases. (Sierra, Villar, Alvarez, Berti). Obviously, I don't want Berti or Alvarez as starters on the team next season but if we can get some speed in there to go along with Jazz I'd be all for it. He isn't gonna slug much, but an infield single and a stolen base is as good as a double in my book.

I can see Berti as a speed / base stealer option off the bench late in the game; maybe late inning defense in the outfield just to take advantage of his speed

PS... I like a good Hickory SMoked BBQ sauce, horseradish, buffalo sauce, honey mustard (for chicken strips) or blue cheese

Edited by CyggyMarlin

1 minute ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I can see Berti as a speed / base stealer option off the bench late in the game; maybe late inning defense in the outfield just to take advantage of his speed

Oh definitely, I want him on the team as a utility man. I just mean he shouldn’t be first on the depth chart at any position 

• Like 2

Some of the most exciting baseball last season were those streches of games where Rojas was batting 9th, and Berti was leading off.

I know I'm probably the only one on this board who thinks this, but personally I would love to see Berti as a starter this year. Something about his playing style, especially when he is leading off, makes the game exciting, as he's like a little spark plug.

But of course that will not happen. They'll put Isan Diaz out there to bat .165 or Jazz for a lot of strikeouts and an occassional HR or 2B.

Yes, I know.. 

image.thumb.png.b035fdcd93b54333632e311ceeea8d9a.png

• Banana 3