2. BREAKOUT MARLIN: Lewis Brinson

3. BEST UTILITY: This is just the Jon Berti Award

4. UNSUNG HERO: Adam Cimber

5. FIELDERS CHOICE: Michael Reds

6. YOU'RE BUSTED: Corey Dickerson

TEAM PREDICTIONS

1. W/L RECORD: 78-84

2. REPEAT OFFENDERS: No

3. BUYERS OR SELLERS: Sellers (guys like Aguilar, Cooper, Duvall, Yimi, Bass, and Marte gone at the deadline)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QbanCastillo said:

Bold prediction, cotton!

If they do get rid of all of them I can already read the "firesale Marlins at it again" headlines.

Yeah and if we sell near the .500 mark,  it could cause those headlines.  However, if the Mets or Braves take a commanding lead it could defuse it a bit.   

If we do sell, we should be closely competitive through the remainder of the season anyways after the trades.  It would be more of a changing of the guard than rebuild.   Those players are gone in 2022 so let’s get some returns.  Of course the press is going to bait, they have a job to do. 

I think we should keep Cooper until the winter meetings then trade him.  He’s still under control and we can net around the same return as the mid deadline.  Plus he will help the remainder of year. 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry
  • Like 1

• The topic was pinned
1 hour ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Random af but Congrats to Marlins Fans on leading MLB in a statistical category. Fanbase most likely to drink when team is playing poorly. Don’t let other fanbases tell you Marlins fans never lead the league in anything 😂🍺

8DFC87E9-39FF-4A16-A650-93399FD3E5D6.jpeg

I'm starting to be convinced that there's a committee somewhere that meets to determine "what new ways can we take a dump on Marlins fans this time?"

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned

PLAYER PREDICTIONS

1. MVP - Adam Duvall

2. BREAKOUT MARLIN - Jorge Alfaro

3. BEST UTILITY - Jon Berti

4. UNSUNG HERO - Jon Berti

5. FIELDERS CHOICE - Brian Anderson

6. YOURE BUSTED - Isan Diaz

TEAM PREDICTIONS,

1. W/L RECORD  - 89-73

2. REPEAT MAKING POSTSEASON - Yes

3. BUYERS OR SELLERS - Neither

• Like 5

PLAYER PREDICTIONS

1. MVP - Garrett Cooper - Coop has been in shape this Spring and it really showed. If he can stay healthy, he will probably be the best hitter.

2. BREAKOUT MARLIN - Jorge Alfaro - Picked him last year, but his season was derailed by Covid. Rolling the dice again.

3. BEST UTILITY - Jon Berti - Could be the unsung hero too, but I've got to spread the love.

4. UNSUNG HERO - Pablo López - My pick for team Cy Young last year really broke out. Expect him to quietly do his business in an awfully good rotation.

5. FIELDERS CHOICE - Miguel Rojas - Air Rojas. Need I say more.

6. YOURE BUSTED - Ross Detwiler - Didn't like the signing. I don't really trust any pitcher who broke out in the Central last year. Especially someone with mixed results in his career.

TEAM PREDICTIONS,

1. W/L RECORD  - 84-78 - More on this later.

2. REPEAT MAKING POSTSEASON - No

3. BUYERS OR SELLERS - Both

Bonus Round:

Cy Young - Trevor Rogers - Bold, but the rookie has got the goods.

ROY - Jazz - Probably the most dynamic position player since Han Ram. Hopefully he can show it in the big leagues just as fast- and hold on to it while we're at it.

• Like 1

I never do these...but...mmm'kay....

1. MVP - The Sandman

2. BREAKOUT MARLIN - Jazz

3. BEST UTILITY - Jon Berti

4. UNSUNG HERO - Miggy

5. FIELDERS CHOICE - B.A.

6. YOURE BUSTED - Brinson...He's going to bust all over the field...and he's going to be really salty about it.

TEAM PREDICTIONS,

1. W/L RECORD  - 82 - 80

2. REPEAT MAKING POSTSEASON - Ugh...no.

3. BUYERS OR SELLERS - Both

Edited by Major-Minor
One per category...duuuh...
  • Like 1

I don't normally do these either, but why not lol

PLAYER PREDICTIONS,                                           

1. MVP : Sandy - he seems to have a fire/intensity and confidence about him now.  Also giving honorable mention to Cooper, as someone said above - I like that idea if he can stay healthy.

2. BREAKOUT MARLIN : I say Jazz - I'd love to see him just lock down 2nd so we don't have to think about it anymore.  Sorry Isan...

3. BEST UTILITY : Berti - he's filled this role pretty well, I see him continuing with it.

4. UNSUNG HERO : I'm going to go with Aguilar - I feel like he was huge last year when most of the team went down and could do the same this year if necessary.  Also considered Cooper and Miggy for this, but Cooper is injury-prone, and Miggy is too "team captain" to be "unsung hero."

5. FIELDERS CHOICE : BA, honorable mention to Miggy Ro.  I'm hoping we'll see BA kick it up a notch this year, and force the team to sign him to a deal.

6. YOURE BUSTED :  Brinson.  Sorry man, but based on track record, I unfortunately have to go with him....watch, with his "regular" spring, he'll probably finally have a good year lol.

TEAM PREDICTIONS,

1. W/L RECORD  (based on 162 games played):  I say an even .500: 81-81.   Despite not being an improvement over last year, I'd view this as a success, as it's over a full season vs. an abbreviated one.

2. REPEAT OFFENDERS (postseason Y/N) : No.  I just think over the course of a full season, there will be growing pains that come with a young roster with a few pitchers on inning limits that could be "hidden" in last year's short season.

3. BUYERS OR SELLERS ?  Are we allowed to say both?  I think we could see guys on expiring contacts (like Dickerson, etc.) being shipped out to contenders, while we may also use some prospect capital to purchase some longer term pieces at positions of need (a la Gallen > Jazz) and help with upcoming roster crunches.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...