Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Jeter, Hill, Denbo, Posada all attend SEC Tourney

42 minutes ago, Michael said:

I want Vaughn honestly. His hitting ability is incredible and has a great eye.

That's nice but wouldn't it be better if they get someone with two great eyes instead of just one? 

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

That's nice but wouldn't it be better if they get someone with two great eyes instead of just one? 

You only need one.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

I want Vaughn honestly. His hitting ability is incredible and has a great eye.

Think I read somewhere that the Top Execs want Vaughn and the scouts are pushing for Bleday... whichever one is a kick-ass bat that will get thru the system quickly, I am ok with

It isn't clear if Vaughn will fall. It isn't clear if Abrams will fall. Bleday is going to be there. I believe if the other two picks are not there they take bleday. I think if all three are there they take abrams. If Vaughn and Bleday are there I don't know who they take.

1 hour ago, 97marlin said:

It isn't clear if Vaughn will fall. It isn't clear if Abrams will fall. Bleday is going to be there. I believe if the other two picks are not there they take bleday. I think if all three are there they take abrams. If Vaughn and Bleday are there I don't know who they take.

From what I was reading, the overall consensus is that the first 6 teams to pick should get someone good (unless we go after some Kolek type)

10 hours ago, 97marlin said:

One of Vaughn or Abrams will be there at 4.

12 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Definitely. The draft doesn't start until like 7pm so everyone will be there at 4.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Think I read somewhere that the Top Execs want Vaughn and the scouts are pushing for Bleday... whichever one is a kick-ass bat that will get thru the system quickly, I am ok with

I would think Vaughn would move through the system the fastest - he'd be our starting first baseman right now, really! Bleday isn't a bad choice, of course, just like Vaughn's numbers more. So many more walks than strikeouts, although the latter did increase this season - still not much.

13 hours ago, 97marlin said:

Regarding the previous quote - if it comes down to execs vs scouts, then it'd be Vaughn, I think.

2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on who goes 1-3?