Sign in to follow this  
SonOfJack

Jeter, Hill, Denbo, Posada all attend SEC Tourney

2 hours ago, Michael said:

I would think Vaughn would move through the system the fastest - he'd be our starting first baseman right now, really! Bleday isn't a bad choice, of course, just like Vaughn's numbers more. So many more walks than strikeouts, although the latter did increase this season - still not much.

Regarding the previous quote - if it comes down to execs vs scouts, then it'd be Vaughn, I think.

Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on who goes 1-3?

I honestly dont know.  

Rutschmann goes 1

Witt goes 2

Baltimore would be dumb to take Witt 1 (but I'd get it), but if he for some reason is taken 1, Rutschmann goes 2, so its not really an issue.

I honestly dont know what happens at 3, but every major mock I've seen has Abrams at 3 and Vaughn then at 4.  

really you could argue that Vaughn should be picked by the Marlins, signed and then put in MLB immediately.  That shows bad the Marlins infield prospect pools are and how advanced Vaughn is.  I'd almost start him in High A ball and see if he impresses enough for  a AA callup before end of year.  

If anyone other than the top 6 are taken top 6 then there are some truly moronic executives out there or there are some truly bad amateur scouts as its pretty much a clear cut top 6 and a clear cut top 2 top 4 and top 6 out there.

So I have seen Baltimore taking Rutschmann or Vaughn at 1. 2 I have seen Rutschmann or Abrams. 3 I have seen abrams Vaughn or Witt. Personally I'd be cool with Bleday, or Vaughn. I am a little unsure about Abrams.

Rutschman and Witt Jr probably go 1-2... the White Sox at #3 are the wild card imo... depends on who they take, we get 1 of Vaughn, Abrams or Bleday

5 hours ago, Das Texan said:

really you could argue that Vaughn should be picked by the Marlins, signed and then put in MLB immediately.

Yes, actually, I've said that to a few friends the last couple of days. His bat seems advanced enough.

4 hours ago, 97marlin said:

So I have seen Baltimore taking Rutschmann or Vaughn at 1. 2 I have seen Rutschmann or Abrams. 3 I have seen abrams Vaughn or Witt. Personally I'd be cool with Bleday, or Vaughn. I am a little unsure about Abrams.

Definitely a lot more question marks going with a high school player, generally.

I'd be a little surprised if the draft didnt go in the 2x2 blocks I mentioned prior in the top 6.  

The only way it changes is if the White Sox take Vaughn, who I'm pretty convinced the Marlins want at 4.

If the Sox take Vaughn then that very much puts a Bleday into play for the Marlins at 4.  Pretty sure one of those two are the Marlins pick.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:32 PM, Michael said:

I want Vaughn honestly. His hitting ability is incredible and has a great eye.

you're an eyes guy?

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

who isn't?

steve wonder

• Like 1