Game times announced

7 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Damn, that's 3:40 pm for me, and I get off work at 4 (once I'm back in the classroom). I guess I'll miss the top of the first inning most days 😞

tape it on betamax

• Like 1

I think they got this from surveys of the fans but I don’t think people were responding truthfully. Sure it gets you home an hour later, but parents usually get out of work around 5 and get home closer to 6 and this doesn’t give anyone time to go home, shower, get the kids ready and leave to the stadium before the game starts. We’ll have decent attendance this season cause people are bored and want to go to games again. But once that wears off, I really expect it to have the opposite of the desired effect on attendance. 

1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I think they got this from surveys of the fans but I don’t think people were responding truthfully. Sure it gets you home an hour later, but parents usually get out of work around 5 and get home closer to 6 and this doesn’t give anyone time to go home, shower, get the kids ready and leave to the stadium before the game starts. We’ll have decent attendance this season cause people are bored and want to go to games again. But once that wears off, I really expect it to have the opposite of the desired effect on attendance. 

It's not about the time the game starts, its about the time the game ends on a school night. Even they have to arrive to the ballpark a little late, if they can get families feeling they can possibly be home by ten instead of leaving the ballpark by ten or later they'll get more families to go on a weeknight. This is only for Monday-Thursday night games in April May and September. June July and August games will be regular times. Earlier times might be tougher for some people but this is more limited than you realize, this can only help and I don't see anyway that this can hurt. Whoever has trouble with this time has weekends and summer games that they can attend. Again, this is only for specific games during three specific months.

• Like 1