Vesia traded to Dodgers for Floro

Admin

3 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

"strikethrower" has somewhat ironically become a euphemism for "guy who doesn't strike batters out"

He is a sinkerballer with good control who limits walks, fly balls, and hard contact. My only concern is that his line drive rate doesn't really play at Marlins Park, but he should do well given our solid defense.

29 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Wish Kim could move Isan Diaz for something useful as well. 

This isn’t going to be received well around these parts.  Lot folks take a liking to Diaz. 

We have a lot invested in Isan, now would be a bad time to move him.  It would be catastrophic if he became a stud right after he was traded.  He hasn’t even played a full year in the majors.  He needs to show much more improvement though.  

I think he needs to be more aggressive at the plate. He does a good job loading up the count but he has had tough breaks in slugging situations from what I remember just watching game day. 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry

1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

@Michael is pretty sensitive about Brinson lol

😂

That's a hard one, because, I still am rooting for Brinson to have a breakout year, any season now. Although as I mentioned last week, I would still rather see Harold Ramirez out there any day over Brinson/Harrison and I don't think @Michael would disagree that much with that.

10 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

@Michael is pretty sensitive about Brinson lol

9 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

😂

That's a hard one, because, I still am rooting for Brinson to have a breakout year, any season now. Although as I mentioned last week, I would still rather see Harold Ramirez out there any day over Brinson/Harrison and I don't think @Michael would disagree that much with that.

Correct - I am with SirFishFan. If, right now, it came down to the choice of Brinson, Harrison, or Ramirez to get a roster spot, I'm giving it to Ramirez. Let Brinson and Harrison work out some stuff in AAA.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

This isn’t going to be received well around these parts.  Lot folks take a liking to Diaz. 

We have a lot invested in Isan, now would be a bad time to move him.  It would be catastrophic if he became a stud right after he was traded.  He hasn’t even played a full year in the majors.  He needs to show much more improvement though.  

I think he needs to be more aggressive at the plate. He does a good job loading up the count but he has had tough breaks in slugging situations from what I remember just watching game day. 

Isan Diaz sucks at hitting.  He needs to have a better grasp of the strike zone, not be more aggressive.

He needs to learn how to make consistent hard contact.  He sucks at that.

Isan Diaz sucks at fielding.  

So ya, not really worried about him becoming this big star at any point tbh.  

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Isan Diaz sucks at hitting.  He needs to have a better grasp of the strike zone, not be more aggressive.

He needs to learn how to make consistent hard contact.  He sucks at that.

Isan Diaz sucks at fielding.  

So ya, not really worried about him becoming this big star at any point tbh.  

When I say aggressive, I don’t mean wildly aggressive, chasing pitches.  He’s a little to patient at the plate, like Yelich was before he was traded.  Isan does a good job to getting the count full but he doesn’t have the right mind set in favorable slugging counts.   I think that is his problem right now. 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry