Pitchers and Catchers Report

35 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Also heard last season some pitchers don't like to pitch to Alfaro, I just not sure it's true or not. 

Well the pitching stats are favorable with Wallach.

Leon is not here to replace wallach. They both are bad hitters so what’s the point.  IMO, it’s insurance if Alfaro doesn’t get his act together.  

Maybe Leon is just a spring training body just to get the arms prepped for game day  

Edited by jeffreysfishfry
12 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Well the pitching stats are favorable with Wallach.

Leon is not here to replace wallach. They both are bad hitters so what’s the point.  IMO, it’s insurance if Alfaro doesn’t get his act together.  

Maybe Leon is just a spring training body just to get our arms prepped for game day  

I hope we sign Molina to mentor Alfaro, I believe Leon can play that role, too. 

33 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

Of course I know he comes back to Cardinals, I wish we sign him to mentor Alfaro when he's available but now I think Leon should be able to play that role. 

Oh...my bad.  I think by next year at this time we will have our starting catcher either through FA or trade.   Alfaro has this year to improve. I don’t see why he should return if he doesn’t.  Anyway, Molina would focus on the pitching staff not Alfaro.  If Alfaro wants to improve he needs to do the same thing.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

I don’t see why he should return if he doesn’t.

Lol! Folks around here are like, "If he's not a starter, he's fired!" Seriously, y'all, nothing's wrong with having a toolsy backup catcher or 4th outfielder (Brinson). It's not like they have to go to Alcatraz if they aren't starting 150 games! 😂

• Haha 1
On 2/22/2021 at 1:08 AM, taiwanmarlin said:

He said us.

Going to be difficult when your ownership are bigger penny pinchers than Loria.  At least Loria spent money like a drunken sailor every few years (only to quickly realize he fucked up). 

• Like 2