Marlins acquire John Curtiss

22 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Yess

All thiss remindss me of iss the game EverQuest which hass the Iksar race and a lot of their NPCss (for roleplaying purpossess) added an extra s or two to their wordss.

Anywayss thiss wass a good trade, guyss.

• Haha 1

Something different about this new ownership and Loria/Hill.

We now acquire bullpen pitchers who throw strikes rather than getting guys just because they throw hard. 

That’s something that I like.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, Erick said:

We now acquire bullpen pitchers who throw strikes rather than getting guys just because they throw hard. 

I like when Erick likes things the Marlins do.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Erick said:

I'm still wondering when Tayron Guerrero is gonna break out.

Looking at the bullpen again, I'm pretty sure Pop and Campbell are now way less likely to make the team. They're not "penciled in" like you can do with Rule 5 guys in years where you don't expect to compete so you can hide a rule 5 guy in your pen as an experiment. If anything these two only make the roster if someone gets injured. So either they'll be considered injured soon or it wouldn't surprise me if either is returned to their original club already.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Looking at the bullpen again, I'm pretty sure Pop and Campbell are now way less likely to make the team. They're not "penciled in" like you can do with Rule 5 guys in years where you don't expect to compete so you can hide a rule 5 guy in your pen as an experiment. If anything these two only make the roster if someone gets injured. So either they'll be considered injured soon or it wouldn't surprise me if either is returned to their original club already.

I think Popp makes it.  Wasn't Campbelll selected in the AAA phase? I could be wrong.

12 hours ago, Erick said:

We are also seeing a different draft approach by selecting college prospects vs HS prospects, at least in the first round.  Imagine if Meyer and Bleedey had another 2-3 yrs through the ranks before being called up. We can see the difference already by how we are rapidly building the team.  Not only that, but the time invested in HS prospects if they were to bust, would be twice the loss.  Between 2014-2017 with Ozuna, Yelich & Stanton, being the big three, we had a stagnant 70 win seasons with no depth.  We also ranked near the last in the farm system.  This was a direct effect from drafting primary HS’ers in the first round so they didn’t have to spend 

Edited by jeffreysfishfry
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

We are also seeing a different draft approach by selecting college prospects vs HS prospects, at least in the first round.  Imagine if Meyer and Bleedey had another 2-3 yrs through the ranks before being called up. We can see the difference already by how we are rapidly building the team.  Not only that, but the time invested in HS prospects if they were to bust, would be twice the loss.  Between 2014-2017 with Ozuna, Yelich & Stanton, being the big three, we had a stagnant 70 win seasons with no depth.  We also ranked near the last in the farm system.  This was a direct effect from drafting primary HS’ers in the first round so they didn’t have to spend

It was a little worrisome in 2018 when the first draft with new ownership took another high school bat, but, Connor Scott actually seems to be ... decent!

Trust the process, right?

• Like 1