Jump to content

Harold Ramirez DFA


SongInTheAir
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I really don't see anyone defending that trade, mostly people just trying to move on from it and say "it is what it is." Jury's technically still out on Monte and Isan anyways, but no, things don't look good there either, so whatever.

It was fine to discuss it the year of it and say "well that was unexpected, but hopefully the upcoming prospects can make it look better."

It was fine the year after to say "ok this is bad and getting worse."

When Monte came up and struggled, that should have just been the final chapter. At this point, get over it. Let's now focus on the trades that are helping the team win. Move on. We're done.

We all know how I feel about Isan.......

Glad to see the Marlins making the proactive decision to put Jazz at 2b this spring full time basically.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Das Texan said:

We all know how I feel about Isan.......

Glad to see the Marlins making the proactive decision to put Jazz at 2b this spring full time basically.  

Yes, the competition will be good for both.

Looks like Jose Devers put on some muscle + power in the offseason, too, so another rising candidate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

Because we only are about the good stuff right?

 

All roses and candy around here!

 

Facts are what facts are.  Good and bad, you cant ignore them.  If people would stop defending that idiotic trade it wouldn't get brought up nearly as much.

 

Hardly.  It's just the trade can't be undone, so why keep bringing it up over and over and over and over and over with the same points?  Nobody's ignoring it.  It's been discussed ad nauseum.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Because we only are about the good stuff right?

 

All roses and candy around here!

 

Facts are what facts are.  Good and bad, you cant ignore them.  If people would stop defending that idiotic trade it wouldn't get brought up nearly as much.

Have you read some of @Michael‘s mid season deadline trades?  He’s all for improving the team, even if it’s trading some really nice players like López, Marte and Aguilar.   That’s not all roses and candy and it really shows that open ideas are encouraged.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Have you read some of @Michael‘s mid season deadline trades?  He’s all for improving the team, even if it’s trading some really nice players like López, Marte and Aguilar.   That’s not all roses and candy and it really shows that open ideas are encouraged.  

 

Whatever.

Because Yelich is on the same level as any of those 3.  Right.  

Regardless, you can plan Monday Morning QB all you want, things are what they are.  

Improving hte team is fine.  Trading away a cornerstone for no real reason is idiotic.  

None of those 3 are cornerstone type pieces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Just because you have [a logical reason for] it doesnt discount that there was no logical reason to trade Yelich when they traded him.

I mean... Just because you don't agree with my "theory" doesn't mean it's not logical. 

Instead of spending all this effort into re-litigating a trade everyone at the time said was fair, why not spend some time dissecting your Cardinals, figuring out what it's going to take for them to get as deep into the playoffs as the Marlins?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Whatever.

Because Yelich is on the same level as any of those 3.  Right.  

Regardless, you can plan Monday Morning QB all you want, things are what they are.  

Improving hte team is fine.  Trading away a cornerstone for no real reason is idiotic.  

None of those 3 are cornerstone type pieces.

At the time of the trade, Yelich was basically a Starling Marte doppelgänger in terms of production.  So yes, he was on the same level.  

After the departure of Stanton and Ozuna, the foundation was in ruin and a cornerstone like Yelich became an unfortunate stumbling block, not through purpose but by circumstances of his own doing.  

This also goes for JT Realmuto.  Logically, if you are, how can you be against the Yelich trade but not the Realmuto trade?  They both wanted out, both were under team control and we received more from Yelich. 

No doubt IMO we have seen a fair share of bad timing trades that were downright reckless. The Yelich trade was circumstantial and just unfortunate.    It’s hard to blame anyone in that time, not management or Yelich.  Realmuto, I’m not a fan. I could be wrong but I thought he was offered a fair extension but he declined. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Realmuto, I’m not a fan. I could be wrong but I thought he was offered a fair extension but he declined. 

Very fair in fact. Mish said on his podcast that the Marlins extension offer in 2018 rivaled the Phillies' offer this offseason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...