How underrated is the Marlins Rotation?

Last year the Marlins had 2 of the top 10 starters in whip % in Pablo and Elieser. I would consider them to be the 3rd and 4th best starters on the big league roster right now. Our rotation is loaded and is only going to get better with Edward Cabrera and Max Meyer. The biggest reason why all the projection systems expect the Marlins to lose 90+ is that they underestimate the pitching. We're gonna surprise a lot of people.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, FishFan95 said:

Last year the Marlins had 2 of the top 10 starters in whip % in Pablo and Elieser. I would consider them to be the 3rd and 4th best starters on the big league roster right now. Our rotation is loaded and is only going to get better with Edward Cabrera and Max Meyer. The biggest reason why all the projection systems expect the Marlins to lose 90+ is that they underestimate the pitching. We're gonna surprise a lot of people.

I remember another crazy stat with Sixto having the least hard hit rate of our rotation, but his strike out rate was not as high.  When he increases his strike out rate he’s going to be the ace in 2022 or 2023. 

And Joel Sherman doesn't think the Marlins are trying to win in 2021, they're just attempting to build on their 2020 playoff spot, which I guess doesn't mean the same as trying?

The NL East has four teams trying and a fifth, the Marlins, at least attempting to build on their feel-good 2020. The result is, top to bottom, the best division in the majors.

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Banana 1
3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

How underrated is the Marlins rotation? Well check out Buster Olney's tweet about the NL East rotations and let me know what's missing...

Is there a character limit, though?

PHI isn't there either......though I didn't see a followup comment or post with MIA/PHI

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Is there a character limit, though?

PHI isn't there either......though I didn't see a followup comment or post with MIA/PHI

Yes and his defense he did mention that, but I think if he's trying to make a point you make it fit, he didn't have to list every single pitcher, he could have found ways to mention the Marlins. Or he could have made a second tweet. Point is, he overlooked us.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

Yes and his defense he did mention that, but I think if he's trying to make a point you make it fit, he didn't have to list every single pitcher, he could have found ways to mention the Marlins. Or he could have made a second tweet. Point is, he overlooked us.

280 nowadays and he still had room for the Marlins at least. Lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Yeah, a second tweet, or comment on it with the rest I guess would've worked too.

Our division is stacked right now with pitching.  I see the Phillies in last place with the worst rotation. 

Its all going to depend on what team stays healthy.  The Nats may have a better rotation but are older to.  I still think we have the edge though with youth and depth.  

Cabrera and Meyer should put us near the top by next year.  I think each team in our division has promising pitchers that need to become more consistent before we know who really has the best rotation.  Obviously the Mets on paper are the overwhelming favorites and rightfully so.

Edited by jeffreysfishfry