Jump to content

I am now a Marlins Member


flsportsfan83
 Share

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Iowa said:

I usually try to get to Milwaukee, Chicago and/or St. Louis for a few Marlins games each year.. hoping I have the option this year! 

Make sure you check the schedule before you go because normally the Brewers, Cubs, and Cardinals play in those cities, not the Marlins.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Undakai said:

I might be able to make my first game in the past decade, now that I'm living only a two hour drive from Philly/Washington DC/Pittsburg

Baltimore is pretty close too now.

World health pending.

Haven't gone in years due to my limited travel ability, but I used to like taking the rail in from York, PA to Camden Yards... Always hated the drive to Citizen's Bank Park... I liked going to Reading Phillies (AA) better...

Edited by CyggyMarlin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Haven't gone in years due to my limited travel ability, but I used to like taking the rail in from York, PA to Camden Yards... Always hated the drive to Citizen's Bank Park... I liked going to Reading Phillies (AA) better...

I spent around 2 minutes going over that post again and again trying to find a pun response.

After the past couple of weeks on this forum, every time I see a post from @CyggyMarlin my brain goes into puns mode automatically.

 

 

 

 

 

😂

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

I spent around 2 minutes going over that post again and again trying to find a pun response.

After the past couple of weeks on this forum, every time I see a post from @CyggyMarlin my brain goes into puns mode automatically.

 

 

 

 

 

😂

I see the problem.  You've been doing puns mode in automatic.  Shoulda been using a stick shift.... otherwise, something gets lost in transmission... It's in the manual...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I see the problem.  You've been doing puns mode in automatic.  Shoulda been using a stick shift.... otherwise, something gets lost in transmission... It's in the manual...

You really came through in the clutch with those puns..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

call it a competitive drive

If we were still on the Stallone thread I would say that you’re a very Driven individual.

But since we’re doing cars and driving puns right now, I don’t want to switch gears too much.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

If we were still on the Stallone thread I would say that you’re a very Driven individual.

But since we’re doing cars and driving puns right now, I don’t want to switch gears too much.

Not trying to take sides, so I'm staying neutral

(PS - can't believe I got away with that "Lock Up" pun in the Stallone thread)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

But tis thread seems to be in your wheelhouse

Off Topic.. but I just thought of the movie Roadhouse. Based on some of your past posts and classic tv and movie knowledge, I'm almost certain you have seen that movie at least 10-15 times in your life. Am I right?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Off Topic.. but I just thought of the movie Roadhouse. Based on some of your past posts and classic tv and movie knowledge, I'm almost certain you have seen that movie at least 10-15 times in your life. Am I right?

 

 

road house GIF

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Off Topic.. but I just thought of the movie Roadhouse. Based on some of your past posts and classic tv and movie knowledge, I'm almost certain you have seen that movie at least 10-15 times in your life. Am I right?

 

 

I watched it maybe twice.  My library is very eclectic... I have films from the 1920's (Metropolis, early Hitchcock films, Marx Brothers, Charlie Chaplins, etc) up through today (although haven't bought much since pandemic so most recent is more like Joker, 1917, Bill & Ted 3, Jay & Silent Bob Reboot)  and a ton of tv show box sets... I could launch my own cable channel... The Patrick Swayze movie I've watched the most is probably the original "Red Dawn"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

I watched it maybe twice.  My library is very eclectic... I have films from the 1920's (Metropolis, early Hitchcock films, Marx Brothers, Charlie Chaplins, etc) up through today..

So, who would you rather watch a Marlins game with at the bar, Laurel and Hardy or Abbot and Costello?

 

😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

So, who would you rather watch a Marlins game with at the bar, Laurel and Hardy or Abbot and Costello?

 

😂

Abbott & Costello.  My dad was a big fan so back in the day (i.e. the late 1970's) before cable and VHS/DVD/LASERDISC/BR/4K/INTERNET/STREAMING/ATARI/NINTENDO/SEGA , one of the local mom and pop stations showed Little Rascals and A&C movies every Sunday afternoon after church.  He always had them on, so I grew up watching them a lot.  I'm more of a Marx Brothers / Three Stooges fan tho.

Edited by CyggyMarlin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

Abbott & Costello.  My dad was a big fan so back in the day (i.e. the late 1970's) before cable and VHS/DVD/LASERDISC/BR/4K/INTERNET/STREAMING/NINTENDO/SEGA , one of the local mom and pop stations showed Little Rascals and A&C movies every Sunday afternoon after church.  He always had them on, so I grew up watching them a lot.  I'm more of a Marx Brothers / Three Stooges fan tho.

This is my all time favorite film from them.

 

200.gif

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...