Sign in to follow this  
THRILLHO

Market for Urena

very early days on this.  Teams inquire about a lot of players all the time.  Interesting bit of tweeting though from Mish 

He’s 27.  He’s on $3.2 million of wages now and has two years of arbitration in front of him.  I feel like his quality isn’t high enough for our front office to get some obvious great prospects.  He’s also been a nice player for us.  I could really go either way on this one.  I lean toward keeping him because I don’t think our brain trust has the stuff to get something of value in return for a guy like Urena.  Going to arbitration with him doesn’t feel all that risky to the wage structure 

15 minutes ago, THRILLHO said:

He’s 27.  He’s on $3.2 million of wages now and has two years of arbitration in front of him.  I feel like his quality isn’t high enough for our front office to get some obvious great prospects.  He’s also been a nice player for us.  I could really go either way on this one.  I lean toward keeping him because I don’t think our brain trust has the stuff to get something of value in return for a guy like Urena.  Going to arbitration with him doesn’t feel all that risky to the wage structure 

I think we should trade him. 

AHHHHHH I have posted this like a bunch of times on here!!!!

Trade him to Daimondbacks for Kevin Cron, and Geraldo Perdomo, and Domingo Leyba.

Hey guys, I think we should Trade him to Daimondbacks for Kevin Cron, and Geraldo Perdomo, and Domingo Leyba.

I am surprised nobody has brought this idea up before.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Hey guys, I think we should Trade him to Daimondbacks for Kevin Cron, and Geraldo Perdomo, and Domingo Leyba.

I am surprised nobody has brought this idea up before.

This guy knows whatsup!

• Like 2

I’m pretty firmly on the side of dealing Urena. I’m not sold on Urena being more than a 4-5 in a good rotation. He doesn’t have anything to get lefties out, and his slider hasn’t progressed at all. I honestly think he’d be better off in the bullpen, but that’s a conversation for another day. 

By mid-season 2020, I have a hard time believing Urena will be one of the top 5 pitchers on the 40 man. Find a way to get value for him now. Maybe pair Walker with him and trade them to Boston for a package of Flores/Chatham & Ockimey

Urena needs to be traded RIGHT NOW. I know there's the thought that his value could increase closer to the deadline as teams get more desperate, but the thing about Urena is: he's bad. He's on a hot streak right now, but he won't stay on that hot streak until July 31. If that ERA sneaks up toward the 5.00 that his true talent predicts, teams will give up way less than they will now, thinking the 2.80 in the last 7 is actually legitimate. 

• Like 3