Sign in to follow this  
THRILLHO

Market for Urena

1 hour ago, marlins_09 said:

I’m pretty firmly on the side of dealing Urena. I’m not sold on Urena being more than a 4-5 in a good rotation. He doesn’t have anything to get lefties out, and his slider hasn’t progressed at all. I honestly think he’d be better off in the bullpen, but that’s a conversation for another day. 

By mid-season 2020, I have a hard time believing Urena will be one of the top 5 pitchers on the 40 man. Find a way to get value for him now. Maybe pair Walker with him and trade them to Boston for a package of Flores/Chatham & Ockimey

Yeah, I think he just is what he is at this point (watch him be like several other guys that have left here and become great).

18 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

Urena needs to be traded RIGHT NOW. I know there's the thought that his value could increase closer to the deadline as teams get more desperate, but the thing about Urena is: he's bad. He's on a hot streak right now, but he won't stay on that hot streak until July 31. If that ERA sneaks up toward the 5.00 that his true talent predicts, teams will give up way less than they will now, thinking the 2.80 in the last 7 is actually legitimate. 

This.  Trade him while he's on a hot streak and before he blows up, unlike what we did with Barraclough last year.

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Is that your philosophy in relationships too?

Divorce is expensive so no.

37 minutes ago, SongInTheAir said:

Urena needs to be traded RIGHT NOW.

I dunno, I mean it should be sooner than later but it doesn't have to be right now does it? Like what happens if they wait a few more minutes or so?

2 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Can't wait until it is called a firesale when he is traded.

I would call it a firesale after we trade all the veterans …

9 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I would call it a firesale after we trade all the veterans …

what about granderson?

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I dunno, I mean it should be sooner than later but it doesn't have to be right now does it? Like what happens if they wait a few more minutes or so?

Then his value decreases.

It decreased since I wrote that.

And now more.

And more.

More now.

JUST TRADE HIM ALREADY HIS VALUE IS PLUMMETING 

• Laugh 1